Job Title: Plant Controller – Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Hima Cement Ltd
Duty Station: Kasese
Reporting line: Country Controller (CC)
Vacancy Code: KSEX01
Hima Cement Ltd Profile
Hima Cement Ltd. is a subsidiary of Bamburi Cement Ltd. which is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group. LafargeHolcim is the leading producer of building materials in the world. At Hima Cement, our Vision is “To be the preferred provider of cement and concrete based building solutions in East Africa with a strong focus on customer experience.”
Hima Cement works with all actors in the building and construction industry in Uganda – manufacturing and supplying a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects. Whether supplying high-quality cement to a craftsman or helping leading architects explore and deliver creative possibilities, Hima is committed to providing solutions that fit the needs of all its clients.
The primary role of the Plant Controller is to spearhead plant financial aspects, support the Country Controller in ensuring compliance with the internal controls at plant level. The Job holder is the finance contact person at the plant responsible for liaison between the corporate and industrial aspects of the business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out plant performance analysis while involving the CC, communicate results and interpret variations to management for decision making.
- Manage month end processes for the business unit including liaising with other departments for generation of relevant reports and KPIs
- Reconciliation of the trial balance to ensure that all relevant transactions have been captured. This includes review of the production report (15A), process orders and other SAP postings.
- Responsible to supervise, monitor, evaluate and implement all accounting activities and systems for collecting, analysing, verifying and reporting financial information.
- Ensure compliance to internal controls and maintain records of the same to ensure adherence, liaise with internal and external auditors to ensure audits are completed on time
- Responsible for optimising working capital through setting targets for material holding days through liaison with other departments.
- Responsible for carrying out forecasts of the plant performance, championing the budgeting process and analysis against the actual performance.
Minimum Qualifications for Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2021
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Bachelors of Commerce qualification from a recognized University.
- Postgraduate qualifications in ACCA, CIMA or CPA or other related qualification.
- Strong knowledge of the accounting regulatory framework and standards are some of the key requirements in this role.
- At least three years’ work experience preferably in a busy commercial or industrial environment and with exposure to industrial or FMCG business processes is an added advantage.
Profile & Personal Qualities
- Self-driven, results oriented.
- Able to plan and prioritise
- Comfortable dealing with people and a good listener
- Reliable, tolerant & determined
- Able to work extended hours when required
- Flexibility to work anywhere within Uganda is added advantage
How To Apply for Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2021
Hima cement will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 3rd November 2021 (Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s save the environment).
- Hima Cement Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
- Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Human Resources Manager – Corporate
Hima Cement Ltd
P.O Box 7230 Kampala
Deadline: 3rd November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.