Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Project Research) – UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
To deliver a range of routine business support tasks, to ensure that staff are effectively supported.
Roles and responsibilities of UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021:
In this role the Project Research Assistant will be responsible for supporting the pilot project implementation, ensuring quality and results by:
- Conducting desk research, finding and compiling data, synthesizing key information mainly but not only for the cost benefit analysis (CBA) as well as the environmental study.
- Providing support to pilot project implementation, guaranteeing quality, efficiency and effectiveness. Summary of Key Functions: Conducting desk research, finding and compiling data, synthesizing key information for the cost benefit analysis (CBA) as well as the environmental study.
- Uncover the objectives of the research project and research study, start scientific research
- Develop a research plan and research study using research participants or research subjects.
- Submit findings to the project manager for review and approval.
- Review experiment data and document findings from the initial work.
- Work closely with the project manager to define, plan, and execute an experiment in Uganda.
- Log experiment data sets or research data, and prepare reports (graphs, spreadsheets, scientific models, and more).
- Compile, synthesize and analyze research collected from official secondary sources.
- Assist with quality control measures for survey links and presentation documents.
- Assist with presentation and report creation (for both qualitative and quantitative research projects), including analysis, data entry, and chart/table creation in Excel/PowerPoint Providing support to pilot project implementation, guaranteeing quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provides administrative and operation support on implementation of the project;
- Support the organization of project reviews/tripartite meetings;
- Support the timely preparation and submission of progress reports and project reviews;
- Maintain up-to-date files and records of project documentation;
- Provide logistical support for workshops and other meetings as tasked by the project manager;
- Ensure a high-quality research experience for all research sub
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
- Education: Post Graduate University degree such as Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree; preferably in environmental management studies, waste management, social sciences, or related area. Experience:
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Experience in the areas of development related projects, environment, waste management, supply chain, or related subjects will be considered as an advantage.
- Experience working with government counterparts;
- Previous work experience in a research assistant position preferred.
- Language requirements: English
- Skills: Attention to detail, critical thinking, technical and analytical, data collection, data analysis, ability to maintain quality, planning and scheduling, computer and math, interviewing, time management, adaptability and stress management, communication, leadership and problem solving
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 4th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.