Job Title: Logistics Assistant – UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kyagwali, Uganda
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
Roles and responsibilities of UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
- Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Support gathering market intelligence, vendor assessments (e.g. transporters, retailers) to support vendor selection process.
- Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialized queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind‐set.
- Prepare, monitor and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Analyse operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
- Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating complex issues to the supervisor.
- Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance, pipeline information) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision‐making.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistic operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
- Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
- Support logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
Qualifications for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
- A university Degree in any of the following disciplines: Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain, or any related fields is highly desirable.
- At least three years working experience in Logistics or Supply Chain.
- Experience in analyzing data from different sources to forecast operational needs and making evidence based proposals.
- Experience in working with Logistics management information systems: running querries on on‐going shipments, pipeline information, food stocks etc
- Experience coordinating with transportation providers and third parties
- Experience in preparing and managing budgets
- Proficiency in both written and oral English
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 5th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.