Job Title: Procurement Assistant – UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
To perform administrative procurement actions through the application of the appropriate processes, procedures, and policies that support the efficient and effective delivery of procurement services.
Roles and responsibilities of UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support Professional staff in the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations.
- Compile data, prepare and distribute documents, to support successful procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable the procurement of goods and services.
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables, and performing follow up actions to ensure supplies reach HQ and field operations.
- Research, collate and present information in standard formats, to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
- Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Provide technical support and/or allocate work to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Qualifications for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
Education: University degree in Supply Chain, Procurement, Economics, Commerce, Business Administration or other relevant fields.
- At least four (4) years of progressively work experience in food, goods & services procurement in large operations gained from reputable organizations;
- Experience handling routine transactions/ purchase of commodities/goods/services in complex situations;
- Experience conducting analyses and developing reports.
- Experience working with suppliers or other third party on day to day basis.
- Good working knowledge and experience in MS Office applications is a requirement;
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procurement procedures is desirable.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language.
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 5th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.