Job Title: Training & Accountability Coordinator – ZOA Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: ZOA Uganda
Job Location: (West-Nile) Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
ZOA Uganda Profile:
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
In Uganda, ZOA has offices in Kampala, West Nile (Arua), Acholi (Nwoya), and Karamoja (Amudat). ZOA Uganda works both in relief and recovery on the themes of food security & livelihoods, WASH, primary/accelerated/vocational education, and conflict management with a special focus on land security.
The T&A Coord, with support from the Project or Programme Manager, is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing the activities of ZOA specific project(s) assigned to him/her.
Roles and responsibilities:
Accountability responsibilities, S/He ensures Accountability towards Affected Population principle are adhered to;**
- Talk to the community to provide program feed backs and complaints
- Address the problems or refer them to relevant offices in ZOA.
Training responsibilities, S/He ensures ERI and other trainings are conducted in timely manner and in high quality;
- Help develop or update training progress monitoring tools and track they are conducted in time. Take corrective actions when progress is slow or not in the right quality and training attendance is very low
- Help develop training plans and track implementations
- Develop tools for quality improvement and ensure the uses
- Ensure manuals and training materials and tools are available and complete
- Ensure quality printing of pictorials and other illustrative materials
- Provide support in ERI to partners when needed
Tasks, responsibilities, results
- Implements project activities in relation to the project proposal to achieve optimal project outputs and outcomes in line with ZOA/donor procedures and targets;
- Supports Project field team members and possible community volunteers in day to day implementation;
- Strengthens the culture of innovativeness among the field staff;
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor in line with the project.
- Provide timely and accurate written monthly reports;
- Identify, document lessons learned and best practices;
- Prepare and submit well written success stories;
- Contribute to annual reports and implementation plans;
- Organize efficient and effective monitoring and data recording systems of activities in the project;
- Provide verbal and written reports to ZOA management when required;
- Ensure timely data collection and entering in to the data base for easy retrieval.
Representation and coordination
- Actively participate in the required and relevant technical working groups;
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings concerning the project.
Human Resource Management
- Ensure the staff under supervision have weekly and monthly targets;
- Conduct weekly or monthly meeting to achieve targets;
- Conduct staff appraisal/evaluation as per ZOA’s policy;
- Provide technical support through coaching and mentorship of staff for quality implementation of project activities.
Procurement and finance
- Initiate timely purchase requisition of project goods/services;
- Ensure expenses are in line with approved budget;
- Provide appropriate codes for expenses.
Minimum Qualifications for ZOA Uganda Jobs 2021
Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in the Agricultural Sciences, Agribusiness, Agricultural Education, development studies and related fields; Specialized training as TOT in ERI, PIP and FFS methodology is a plus.
- At least 3 years successful experience in a similar position implementing related projects;
- Management and staff supervision experience;
- Working experience in a humanitarian settings is an added advantage;
- Experience with large project funded by institutional donors is an added advantage;
- Understanding of the local context, culture, and languages is an added value;
- Excellent spoken and written command of English.
- Good communication, writing and facilitation skills;
- Innovative, creative and enthusiastic;
- Provides regular feedback, acknowledges success and the need for improvement with Supervisees;
- Coaches, challenges and provides opportunities for growth;
- Good computer skills: Ms Excel and Ms Word;
- Self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision;
- Ability to drive a motorcycle with valid driving/riding license.
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and innovative environment;
- Aims to integrate and reflect Christian values in relief and rehabilitation work.
How To Apply for ZOA Uganda Jobs 2021
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via the form below.
CV’s of no more than 2 pages in length and Cover Letter of 1 page are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.
Qualified female candidates and or individuals with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: Open until fileld
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.