Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer – UAIA Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Association for Impact Assessment (UAIA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Secretary
Uganda Association for Impact Assessment (UAIA) Profile
The Uganda Association for Impact Assessment (UAIA) is a professional umbrella membership Association of Environmental Practitioners involved in Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and Environmental Audit as prescribed under the National Environment (Audit) Regulations, 2020 and the National Environment (Environmental and Social Assessment) Regulations, 2020 preceded by the National Environment (Conduct and Certification of Environmental Practitioners) Regulations, 2003 (S.I. No. 85 of 2003). UAIA works in partnership with National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) among other agencies, ministries and departments. With both ordinary and associates combined around Uganda, we work with public and private sector partners, investigating, assessing, and generating data in proposed development projects to develop solutions to the most urgent national environment and social challenges.
The Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day financial, accounting, procurement and administrative roles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Take charge of the day to day financial management in accordance with the UAIA financial policy and Government legislations.
- Participate in fundraising programs and maintain good business relations with relevant stakeholders.
- In liaison with the Executive Secretary, undertake procurement, management and maintenance for all organizational needs and Assets;
- Undertake day to day administration of the Association;
- Support the Human Resource function of the organisation;
- Support the organisation in communication, marketing and branding initiatives.
- Any other duties as will be directed by management.
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Business Administration, Financial Management/ Accounting or economics or related fields.
- A minimum of three to four years of working experience in accounting and finance, preferably in mid-sized or large organization.
- Membership to a professional body shall be an added advantage.
- Knowledge with accounting software relevant to the organization.
- Good analytical and numerical skills. Good communication and presentation skills.
- High Integrity/ethics and the ability to meet deadlines. Able to work independently and in a team.
How To Apply for UAIA Jobs 2021
Application letter clearing quoting the Job Reference Number (Check top of advert), Curriculum Vitae (CV) clearly indicating requirements referred to above, Two (2)-referral contacts, Copies of Certificates and Academic Transcripts.
Applications MUST be addressed to:
Chairperson Uganda Association for Impact Assessment (UAIA) Board,
Uganda House Building, Level 5 Room 5.4,
Plot 8/10 Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 26553, Kampala Uganda
NB: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 7th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.