Job Title: Consular Assistant – Uganda Embassy in UAE Jobs
Organization: Embassy of Uganda in UAE
Job Location: Dubai
Age: 25 – 35 Years
Embassy of Uganda in UAE Profile:
Uganda’s Foreign Policy Priority focus is on the following thematic areas:
Regional and International Peace and Security, Economic/Commercial Diplomacy, well-being of Ugandans and promotion of Uganda’s image abroad. These areas are in line with Uganda Vision 2040.
The Head of Mission role is important in contributing to the realization of the above mentioned areas of Policy focus. It is a requirement to give priority attention in the day-to-day work to the following specific actions and report on them on quarterly basis:
- Strengthen bilateral Cooperation between Uganda and UAE in areas of Cultural, Economic, Social, Political and Security areas.
- Facilitate promotion of Uganda’s exports of goods and Services to UAE.
- Lobby for inward transfer of investments.
- Facilitate tourists attraction.
- Identify and facilitate transfer of appropriate technology from UAE in areas of renewable energy, agro-processing and Oil and Gas.
- Mobilize Uganda Diaspora in UAE for their contribution to national development.
- Negotiate bilateral agreements with UAE on externalization of Labour, Diplomatic consultation, Promotion of investments and avoidance of double taxation.
- Handle consular cases reported to the Mission.
- Source employment opportunities for Ugandans in UAE.
- Acquire property for the Chancery and official residence in Abu Dhabi.
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the delivery of consular and emergency assistance to Ugandan citizens in Dubai and the Northern Emirates. They will often be the initial point of contact for Ugandan citizens who are in distress and are seeking the assistance of the Uganda Government. The Consular Assistant will be expected to work efficiently and accurately while executing a variety of responsibilities including processing emergency travel document applications, citizenship documents, attestation,etc. In addition, they will be required to provide case management assistance to Ugandan citizens and their families who have been detained, victims of crime, hospitalised, deceased, or involved in child custody matters. The Consular Assistant will manage confidential personal information and will be expected to interact with clients in a friendly and sensitive manner.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Providing oral and written responses to public inquiries about consular services by delivering a high level of customer service, while being confident delivering difficult messages/managing expectations.
- Checking applications for consular services and following up with applicants regarding missing documents etc.
- Managing the emergency telephone hotline.
- Preparing applications for decision by the deciding officer.
- Providing advice/assistance to Ugandan citizens in difficulty in Dubai and the Northern emirates due to accident/illness/other emergency, queries regarding immigration status etc. including conducting research on the citizens behalf and liaising with the Ugandan and Emirati authorities on the citizen’s behalf where necessary.
- Ensuring Liaison Office travel advice is appropriate,accurate and up to date at all times.
- Maintain up to date registry of Ugandans in Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
- Receive and process payments for travel documents under the supervision of the Deputy Head of Mission.
- Maintaining an electronic and hard copy registry on all of the above and compiling monthly statistics on services and assistance provided.
- Monitor changes in Ugandan and UAE immigration law and in consultation with the immediate supervisor implement these changes.
- Maintaining an up to date data base of contacts of important Ugandan and host country authorities, members of the public and their legal representatives, airlines and tour operators.
- Maintain close links with local authorities including,but not limited to, law enforcement, correctional facilities, medical examiners, hospitals, morgues and mental health facilities.
- Under the guidance of diplomatic staff, assist in managing the Liaison Office’s social media and website communications on a regular basis.
- Assist with the organisation of official visits,representational events and cultural activities.
- Keep the Deputy Head of Mission informed of important developments at all times.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications for Uganda Embassy in UAE Jobs
- Applicants should be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree or above in in Political Science/Law/International Relations or Diplomacy, Economics, Administration, Management, Development studies, Conflict Studies, ICT, Social Work, Business Studies, Psychology, Arts, Journalism, Mass Communication or related field.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- At least three years working experience with a reputable organisation.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, email, Data management, internet, etc., and creative use of information technology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, empathy and sound judgement.
- Proven skills in communication and ability to manage conflict.
- Willingness to work outside office hours when required.
- Ability to work to a high standard under a lot of pressure with minimal supervision with a focus to detail and customer service.
How To Apply for Uganda Embassy in UAE Jobs Jobs 2021
Typed application letters should be typed, signed, scanned and submitted electronically to email: email@example.com
Deadline: 30th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.