Job Title: Logistics Import Specialist – Brenntag Uganda Jobs 2021
Duty Station: Uganda
Brenntag is the global market leader in chemical and ingredients distribution. The German based international company manages complex supply chains for both chemical manufacturers and consumers by simplifying market access to thousands of products and services. It combines a global network with outstanding local execution. Therefore, Brenntag is the industry’s most effective and preferred channel to the market for partners – really living its philosophy: “ConnectingChemistry”.
Brenntag operates a global network with more than 670 locations in 77 countries. With its global workforce of more than 17,000 employees, the company generated sales of EUR 11.8 billion in 2020.
For more Information visit our Website: www.brenntag.com
The Logistics Import Specialist is responsible for providing support and delegating work to the Logistics Import team. This includes effectively planning and managing domestic and international transportation operations and developing, documenting and carrying out import compliance processes. The position will work amongst several areas and will divide his/her time by the level of demand in each functional area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the entire company to meet transportation service requirements, monitor the execution of carrier pick-ups and deliveries throughout the network and insure that performance indicators are being met, daily routing process to accomplish the highest transportation service level at the lowest possible cost through correct carrier selection, and update shipping guides as needed.
- Audit carrier invoices for accuracy and contract compliance, apply correct G/L account on freight bills, and negotiate freight claims.
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints with 85% to full autonomy while meeting cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets.
- Maintain data records for import classification, recordkeeping, and audit requirements.
- Create reports and reporting mechanisms to monitor and control all aspects of the supply chain, this can include but not limited to logistics cost, service standards, and transport plan throughout the supply chain.
- Lead the department’s efforts and provide recommendations and process improvements relating to company’s transportation and import compliance processes.
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and all regulatory agencies, including but not limited to: Brenntag Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Antitrust Compliance Policy, Confidentiality Agreement, DOL, EEOC etc.
- Supports the vision and mission of the company.
- Well versed working with ERP and TMS
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent customer service qualities
- Comprehensive knowledge of personal computers and software packages, including specifically
MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook
- Comfortable with various information technology systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on a team and support other departments
- Self-motivated and task oriented
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or related field.
How To Apply for Brenntag Uganda Jobs
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.