Job Title: 7 Accounts Assistants – MDMS Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Masaka Diocesan Medical Services (MDMS)
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Accountant
Masaka Diocesan Medical services (MDMS) Profile:
Masaka Diocesan Medical Services Ltd is a registered company limited by guarantee and not having share capital. The Company has undertaken to be the Distributer of JMS in the Greater Masaka region, involved in storage and sale of products, including pharmaceuticals, medical and surgical sundries, equipment and instrument as well as laboratory supplies. Therefore MDMSL distributes pharmaceutical supplies exclusively from JMS assured of their quality, safety and availability at all times to her consumers. MDMSL supplies these products to Government health facilities, PNFPs, Private for Profit health facilities, NGOs and well as pharmacies and drug shops within Greater Masaka.
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for reviewing the accountability submitted by the project staff and volunteers at the District and sub-county levels. They will also make timely and accurate processing of payments through banks or by mobile money to the project staff and community volunteers like Para-social workers and facilitators.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Verifying the accuracy and authenticity of accountabilities, accuracy of calculations and other support documentations, approvals and support in the payment processing. They are to sign for the accountabilities received since they are as valuable as money.
- In Liaison with the Data Offers and the M&E manager will ensure that amount paid to the recipient match with targets and quality services paid for in line with the budget.
- Analyze transactional processes and identify areas where additional accuracies and efficiencies can be achieved
- Make District Financial reports in line with the program and analyzed data.
- Support in the preparation of periodical reports at MDMS headquarters
- Performing periodic asset verifications, cash counts and stock counts at MDMS and/or field offices
- Responding to enquiries and checks accounting transactions to locate and resolve discrepancies.
- Preparing variance and other financial analyses of project accounts, as requested by the Senior Accountant.
- Assisting the Accounts section with relevant information to enable preparation of informed project budgets
- Identifying weak internal controls that require improvement and suggests appropriate policy and procedure modifications for improved basing on field experience.
- Ensuring that all documents are archived and maintained in a safe and secure manner for the time periods.
- Assisting the Accountant obtain support documents, prepare analyses of project accounts for MDMS’s mainstream and projects specific audits.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting option) or Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) (Finance/ Accounting), from a reputable Institution/University
- One year work experience in finance.
How To Apply for MDMS Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should hand deliver their application letters together with relevant academic documents, photocopy of national ID, an updated CV indicating 3 recognized referees, their addresses and functioning telephone contacts. The applications should be addressed to:
The Diocesan Health Coordinator
P.O. Box 14
Tel: +256 786 814912
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews
Deadline: 6th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.