Job Title: Communications & Knowledge Management Officer – Solidaridad Uganda Jobs 2021
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
Solidaridad is a global civil society organization (CSO) that provides market driven solutions for sustainable production practices across different supply chains. We envision a world in which all we produce, and all we consume, can sustain us while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all stakeholders.
Main objective of the function
Solidaridad is looking for a Communications & Knowledge Management Officer with a passion for the development sector, strong interpersonal and communications skills, and enhanced multi-tasking abilities. The ideal candidate will steer the internal and external Communication aspects of Solidaridad Uganda to ensure Brand visibility and equity. S/he will have experience in graphic designs, photography, videography, social media suites, writing news, impact and feature stories. S/he will also be expected to exercise a degree of responsibility and proactivity.
Position in the Organization
The Communications & Knowledge Management Officer will report to the Senior Project Manager, work closely very closely with the Regional Communication & Knowledge Officer, project team and with the local programme teams for alignment to organizational procedures.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide overall technical support and advice on communications, marketing and public relations to Solidaridad Uganda.
- Work with the REC Communication function to customize and implement a content strategy that is designed to the needs of the Country, while maintaining RECl consistency and accountability.
- Analyse and report on impact of communications activities on a quarterly basis, and also compile and submit periodic management reports as prescribed.
- Coordinate initiatives that enhance communication with key stakeholders and facilitate use of appropriate media to generate visibility for Solidaridad’s brand among internal and external audiences.
- Facilitate documentation and dissemination of experiences, lessons learnt, impact stories, best practices and case studies.
- Take and edit pictures, audio and video recordings for documentation purposes and for sharing with partners and key stakeholders.
- Facilitate the production of newsletters, IEC materials, publicity materials such as brochures, pamphlets, documentaries, annual reports and special publications etc as directed by management.
- Support in drafting of various articles, letters and communiques as and when required.
- Provide advice including development of relevant messages and use of the right media channels for effective communication.
- Develop press materials including press statements and releases, and information kits/fact sheets.
- Maintain Solidaridad Uganda official social media platform sites (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) and keep them current, relevant, updated and interactive, while ensuring implementation of emergent platforms.
- With support of The Regional Communications & Knowledge Management Officer develop and oversee the implementation of a knowledge management strategy.
- Support the development, management and coordination of knowledge management databases and tools.
- Conduct training sessions about the various knowledge management tools.
- Resolve questions from office and field staff about how to use the knowledge management tools.
- Capture and provide feedback about knowledge management tools and processes to national, regional and global Solidaridad knowledge management leaders.
- Assist with conceptualizing enhancements to the knowledge management tools and processes.
- Support the update / enhance the knowledge management training materials.
- High-level communication skills.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills.
- Flawless verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience working in developing countries.
- Experience with design and implementation of communication strategies & plans, content calendars and content/copywriting.
- Self-motivated, but able to work within a team.
- Experience working towards achieving set targets and exceeding them.
- Demonstrated self-reliant problem-solver.
- Able to travel extensively within Uganda and occasional Regional travel.
- Proficiency in digital media platforms, graphic designs, Photoshop, Microsoft Publisher and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Mass Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or any related field.
Knowledge in IT is an additional advantage
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a Communications role (including internal), serving in the development sector or related experience in the private sector engagement.
- At least two (2) years experience in Knowledge Management
- Proven track record in developing videos, taking/editing photos and writing impactful stories.
How To Apply for Solidaridad Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested candidates that meet the above qualifications should send their cover letter, CVs and salary expectation to: Emails: email@example.com
Closing Date: 12th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.