Job Title: No Experience Underwriting Assistants – Sanlam Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Sanlam Life Insurance Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Underwriting Manager
Sanlam Life Insurance Uganda Limited Profile
Sanlam Life Insurance Uganda Limited (SLUL), one of the Leading Life Insurance Companies in Uganda is seeking to recruit a highly versatile and passionate Business Development Leader to drive our business growth through establishing a robust sales strategy for our retail (Individual life) products, serving our customers effectively as well as building and maintaining good relationships with the key stakeholders within the respective regions.
- To ensure prudent and profitable underwriting activities to achieve set targets.
- To ensure prudent underwriting and adherence to all company procedures.
- To make sure additional reinsurance cover is sought and confirmed whenever required.
- To improve and maintain a service level that exceeds customer expectations and competition
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Examining information availed (on proposal forms and broker risk notes) to determine whether we should take up the risk or not and at what terms in accordance to Company guidelines.
- Make sure risks underwritten are within the Company capacity if not making sure facultative reinsurance is placed in liaison with the Underwriting Manager.
- Responsible for underwriting and pricing accounts in accordance with SGUI underwriting standards and underwriting authority level.
- Carrying out risk inspections for motor especially and non-motor where required and giving appropriate recommendations to the Underwriting Manager.
- Preparation of documentation of new business, adjustments and renewals.
- Sending out renewal notices within 60Days of the next renewal.
- Analysing policy by policy claims performance to make sure poor-performing clients are not renewed on the same terms.
- Attending to businesses that come through the brokers in liaison with the Underwriting Manager.
- Attend to day to day data entry of confirmed production into the PREMIA System and ensure accurately and correct debiting & crediting of funds in the system
- Ensure that the team is adhering to the credit policy
- 2nd upper or First-class degree preferably in business, accounting, actuarial science, mathematics and the like;
- Willingness to learn with a good attitude
- Good Interpersonal Skills and Numeracy; and Good knowledge of the use of computers and commonly used packages
- The ability to work to tight deadlines;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The ability to absorb technical information
- An analytical mind
- The ability to make decisions
- Sound judgment;
- Willingness to work using your own initiative;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- to negotiate terms with brokers
- Good interpersonal skills (team player) within SGUI and with client interaction
- Good planning ability
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong communication and written skills
- Strong time-management skills
How To Apply for Sanlam Uganda Jobs 2021
If you qualify, please send a detailed Curriculum Vitae with the relevant academic qualifications as one attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Late submissions will not be considered.
Deadline: 6th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.