Job Title: 2 Registered Nurses – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The post holder will be required to provide nursing care to patients attending IDC, provide health education and advise to patients and their family members, provide translation whenever necessary, guide in clinical practice and duties of other nurses. Participate in clinical research studies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides nursing care to patients attending the IDC
- To provide clinical care including triaging, clinical assessment of patients of patient’s problems, investigations to HIV/AIDS patients attending IDI- supported health facilities in line with standard treatment guidelines.
- Assist in management of very sick patients brought in Urgent care with knowledge, skills and Support appropriate referral of complex patients’ through liaison with immediate team members, senior clinicians and other specialized facilities.
- Lead education and facility sensitization efforts to continuously build knowledge among clients and the attendants at Urgent care and the general clinic.
- Participate in identification, implementation and documentation of continuous quality improvement activities along client care and treatment.
- Assists medical doctors in carrying out clinical procedures.
- Provides translation services to visiting medical doctors as required
- Ensures patient flow in the clinic (IDC)
- Performs quality assurance and quality control (QA/AC) to ensure completeness of source documents.
- Participates in giving Medicines when required.
- Checks medical supply stock and ensures procedure charts are fully equipped
- Guides the clinical practice and duties of other nursing staff
- Participates as a full member of the IDC health care team
- Attends clinic staff meetings on a daily basis as available
- Participate whenever requested to do so in clinic research studies.
- Participate in compilation and submission of accurate activity reports according to the set guidelines.
- This job description is not exhaustive and the post holder will need to be flexible and to undertake such other duties as may become necessary with the development of the Infectious Diseases Institute.
- Completion of Nurses Training in a recognized educational institution with Diploma/ Bachelors
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a clinical setting
- Full and active registration with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives council (Valid general practice license).
- Self- motivated and capable of meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to interact productively with other team members.
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 15th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.