Job Title: IT Support Specialist – Sama Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Sama Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
25% of the Fortune 50 trust Sama to deliver secure, high-quality training data and validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. From self-driving cars to smart hardware, Sama fuels AI. Founded over a decade ago, we’re experts in image, video, and sensor data annotation and validation for machine learning algorithms in industries including automotive, navigation, AR/VR, biotech, agriculture, manufacturing, and e-commerce. Our staff is driven by a mission to expand opportunities for low-income people through the digital economy, and our social business model has helped lift over 50,000 people out of poverty.
- Featured in Forbes: How to Train Your AI Dragon (Safely, Easily, and Without Bias)
- Read about our funding raise in TechCrunch!
- Sama Press Page
In preparation for Sama’s next phase of growth, we are searching for a seasoned IT Support Specialist. You will be responsible for supporting the organization’s network infrastructure. You will serve as a key partner to the IT Manager and report directly to this role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the organization’s network infrastructure and services like the LAN, print services, and email.
- Manage the installation of new versions of the systems and troubleshoot ad-hoc user problems in its functioning.
- Provide ICT-related support and guidance to staff. Conduct and supervise ICT preventive maintenance activities.
- Installing, configuring, upgrading, and repairing PC hardware and software Conduct periodic backups of the identified information systems.
- Participate and assist in the organization of ICT-related training for the staff.
- Logging of incidences in an accurate and informative manner as and when they occur.
- Create and maintain an ICT configuration database for both hardware and software.
- Keep abreast of technological developments, current initiatives, and changes in ICT and appraise the management accordingly.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Possession of CCNA, MCSE, MCITP or any relevant professional certification is an added advantage.
- 1-3 years of experience in IT support roles.
- Proficiency in firewall management/configuration is an added advantage
- Knowledge of using tools to automate configurations through scripts or a background in scriptwriting is an added advantage.
- Strong follow-up, communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Passionate, highly self-motivated, energetic, and enthusiastic team player.
How To Apply for Sama Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.