Job Title: Program Officer ASRH – Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Save the Children
Job Location: Yumbe, Uganda
Save the Children Profile:
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world and has been implementing programs for over 90 years. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The job holder is responsible for providing support to community and health facility to ensure access to ASRH information and services.
- He/she will be in charge to coordinate ASRH in school and out of school interventions, ensure on time and quality planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation and reporting of the Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health interventions.
- The Job Holder will take responsibility for support of the ASRH to increase the participation of adolescent in the project to ensure their protection and enable them to develop to their full potential.
- The post holder may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis.
Minimum Qualifications for Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Minimum of a Degree in Health, social sciences and other relevant qualifications.
- At least one year working on ASRH.
- At least 2 years working experience in planning and implementing development programmes in Uganda.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Direct experience of working with communities in participatory activities, including confidence in working with children and an understanding of child-friendly participatory methodologies
- Excellent time management and planning capacity.
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Thorough understanding of Save the Children working principles and approaches of Child Participation, Child Rights Programming, Partnership, Child Safeguarding, Zero Tolerance, Monitoring and Evaluation, Programme Integration etc.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Proven capacity to train and coach staff
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Must be willing to be based in the field.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
How To Apply for Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 19th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.