Job Title: Community Engagement and Development Assistant – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Duty Station: Uganda
Report to: Design & Assessment Facilitator
World Vision Uganda (WVU)
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
The incumbent will conduct community engagement, assessment and design processes with the Community Starter Groups members to capture both qualitative and quantitative data at households and Institutional levels.
Roles and Responsibilities of World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Community engagement and assessment process
- Render support in data Collecting and community engagement on community perception on WV identity
- Support in disseminating of information in a message box and engage
- Support community in Developing a community communication plan
- Support the Identification and engagement of key stakeholders at parish and sub-county level, Engaging local partners in the wellbeing activities.
- Support and supervise the starter groups in their community engagement and exploration of the local context in the focus areas.
- Support and supervise the assessment team on Identification of the most vulnerable in the focus areas and vulnerability assessment processes.
- Mapping capacity and resources of the community and community in Reflection and planning for base level at each step of critical path for the next step.
- Organize and support community summit at Parish level
- Support the community in setting community vision and priorities with starter groups members.
- Sponsorship Community engagement and RC Registration.
- Sharing the vision and priorities with the wider community for validation.
- Raising community awareness for sustainability and transition.
- Support and engage the community in Celebrating the efforts and solidarity of critical path steps completions.
- Manage Child Sponsorship communications and registration processes of RCs.
- Expeditiously follow up on all Sponsorship communications from NO and SOs.
- Registration of Children in sponsorship program and sharing their histories with SO.
- Support the design and shared plan with partners
- Providing feedback and validation of assessment reports
- Providing and sharing the agreed draft AOP and Annual plan for inputs and validation with the sub-county and parish stakeholders
- Mobilized mapped partners and community leaders to participate in all the critical path stapes of the design process
- Participated in the planning and budgeting of the draft plan of the AREA PROGRAMM
- Continua’s dissemination of sponsorship messaging and information sharing of World Vision Sponsorship programming and standards to partners and the community
- The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma and/or a Bachelor Degree in Humanities (Development studies, social sciences, SWASA, Economics, community development)
- At least one year of work experience especially in conducting any assessment Note: Fresher; No work experience can as well apply
- Ability to ride a motorcycle is a must with a valid ridding permit
- Experience in Data collection preferably qualitative research in remote and heard to reach community. High proficiency in probing skills and writing qualitative reports is an added advantage.
- Knowledge in Engaging and conducting FGD, KII with local rural poor communities is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Local Language Lusoga or Luganda is a must
- Knowledge in computer Literacy (Micro soft Word and Excel) is required.
- Knowledge in qualitative data techniques is an added advantage
- Lots of travel using a motorcycle (approximately 2 hours ride) to access power and internet to world vision Office
- May require moving/walking long distance on foot where the road is not accessible to gather data in all the targeted households and/or remote villages to be reached.
- The location of the job has limited access to Mobile telecommunication network and there is limited power access.
- Accommodation in the Job location are mostly semi-permanent and/or temporally structure for housing with limited access to clean and safe water some time.
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 25th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.