Job Title: Regional Laboratory Technologist – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The Regional Laboratory Technologist will be responsible for implementing laboratory strengthening activities of the LSDA project in Uganda. S/he will provide technical support to laboratories, the Ministry of Health, and stakeholders on developing or updating laboratory strategies and assist with the planning and implementation of QMS and CQI activities to improve the quality and performance of HIV/TB-related diagnostic services. The position is expected to develop collaborative relationships with other project staff, interact with internal and external clients and partners, and bring innovative ideas, methodologies and approaches to problems associated with HIV and other HIV-related diseases.
The primary role of this position will be to work on developing and calibrating statistical and mathematical / simulation models for COVID-19 projections and developing figures and data visualization approaches from simulations. The position will focus on time series models (e.g., ARIMA, ETS and dynamical models), generalized linear models, compartmental and stochastic mathematical models for COVID-19. Responsibilities include coding mathematical models (preferably in R/Rstudio software), reading in data and writing outputs, writing model fitting algorithms, and running model simulations using R/Rstudio and developing dashboards.
The Junior Data Modeler position requires a deep understanding of probability distributions; compartmental, stochastic and dynamical systems modeling; and reproducible data science in general. The position involves self-directed learning and a desire to learn new approaches relevant to research questions, and a motivation to help make mathematical modeling a transparent and inclusive process with knowledge-users.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build capacity of HCWs to provide Quality HIV testing services in facilities and communities
- Build capacity of Laboratory staff in supported facilities to provide quality laboratory tests required for diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of HIV related Illnesses for adults.
- Build capacity of Laboratory staff to provide quality laboratory required for diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of TB.
- Adapt to National standards and Maturation System based on the principles the Lab Quality Management System (Organization, infrastructure, equipment, sample collection management, process control (QA/QC), documentation, infection control and safety, assessment of the labs customer care, process improvement and information management) and link the standards to the Laboratory strengthening Program.
- Developing a QA/QA system (internal quality control system and external quality control system, SOPs and manuals) and ensuring their use in selected facilities.
- Establish and monitor Equipment Management and Maintenance Systems in target Laboratories
- Establish and monitor Supply Chain Management Systems and ensure timely ordering of buffer stocks for target labs.
- Oversee Hub operations, sample transportation and result transmission systems.
- Support processes geared towards accreditation of laboratories in supported districts.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Laboratory technology/ Sciences
- Full and active registration with the Allied Health Professionals council.
- Training in laboratory quality management systems and biorisk management systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least 3years’ experience in laboratory planning, management, and QA/QC
- Experience in design, development and implementation of lab systems at different levels in the health services.
- Experience in analysis and reporting of data for program decision-making.
- Good report / proposal writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in providing technical Assistance to large scale HIV/AIDS HSS laboratories within MoH structures and systems
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 30th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.