Job Title: 2 Dairy Development Officers – Dairy Development Authority Jobs 2021
Organization: Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Dairy Development Officer
Dairy Development Authority (DDA) Profile:
Dairy Development Authority (DDA) is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. Its mandate is to develop and regulate the sector. It is established under the Dairy Industry Act, 1998 and its objectives are to provide proper coordination and efficient implementation of all Government policies that are designed to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency in the production of milk in Uganda by promoting production and competition in the dairy industry and monitoring the market for milk and dairy products.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Implement appropriate programmes aimed at improving dairy husbandry practices and farm business development.
- Conduct trainings that are aimed at increased milk production, productivity and support disease control interventions within the region.
- Implement strategies and programmes for increasing milk production & productivity, marketing, consumption of milk and milk products.
- Support and collect data related to the dairy industry in the region.
- Inspect and recommend for registration of dairy farms in the region.
- Support relevant actors in the region to enhance development in the dairy industry.
- Support the planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on the dairy interventions in the region.
- Support the formation and strengthening of dairy stakeholder’s organizations within the region.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine or Honours Degree in Animal Production, Technology & Management or any other relevant Honors degree from a recognized University.
- Post Graduate qualification in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- At least two (2) years of working relevant experience.
How To Apply for Dairy Development Authority Jobs 2021
All interested applicants who meet the specified job requirements should submit hand written applications, up to date curriculum vitae and photocopies of certified academic credentials and three referees to the address below;
Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Plot 1, Kafu Rd. Kampala
P.O. Box 34006 Kampala
Closing Date: 3rd December 2021 by 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.