IDI Uganda Jobs 2021 – 4 Diploma TB Program Officers
Job Title: 4 TB Program Officers – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
IDI has received a five-year transition award entitled USAID Local Partner Health Services-TB Activity. The purpose of the Award is to increase TB case detection and treatment success in Uganda to 90% of all cases and thus contribute to substantial reduction of Uganda’s TB burden by 2026. IDI will work through technical assistance to the national TB Program in the three districts of Kampala, Mukono and Wakiso and Regional Referral Hospitals to increase availability, accessibility and utilization of integrated TB/HIV and MDR-TB services.
The TB program Officer will ensure delivery of quality TB and TB-HIV care services in line with current national guidelines by providing technical and leadership support to health facility teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead mentorship and training efforts to build capacity of facility teams to deliver high quality TB care services.
- Provide clinical care to TB and TB-HIV patients in targeted health facilities in line with standard national TB care and management guidelines.
- Coordinate appropriate referral and management of complex patients through liaison with STA and tertiary TB treatment units.
- Lead performance monitoring initiatives and routine data use activities at all health facilities to guide implementation of project activities.
- Support the health workers to identify, implement and document continuous quality improvement activities along the TB diagnostic and treatment cascades.
- Collaborate with the community project team to improve facility efforts in following up patients towards better linkage, monitoring and retention in care.
- Collaborate with the M&E project team in supporting health facilities to compile and submit accurate HMIS and programmatic reports according to project, USG and Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Support patient enrolment to the available TB-DSD modalities through capacity building of front line health workers, creating awareness amongst patients and evaluation of the quality of care for patients enrolled on TB-DSD.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time
Desirable Skills & Qualities
- Full and active registration with the Uganda Allied Health Workers’ Council.
- Previous experience working with the public healthcare system is an added advantage.
- Up-to-date knowledge of TB and HIV care with over three years of clinical experience.
- Good communication, organization and management skills
- Understands client confidentiality and exhibits high level of ethical conduct
- Good interpersonal skills and is able to work in teams.
- Has basic computer literacy including word processing, excel, internet and power point.
- Must hold a Diploma in Clinical Medicine or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in public health or related discipline is an added advantage
- Additional Training in TB and HIV care is an added advantage
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 7th December 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.