Job Title: 2 Laboratory Technicians – IDRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Duty Station: Tororo, Uganda
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) Profile
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 300 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 Grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire a suitable candidate for the position of Laboratory Technician for the Drug studies/Vaccine Trial to be based in Tororo.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out laboratory screening of patients
- Collection of nasopharyngeal and oral samples for covid 19
- Sample preparation, packing and processing for covid 19
- Sampling, processing and storage of blood for haematology, biochemistry and PK component of the study
- Prepare and organize sample shipment
- Collect and carry out analysis of urine samples
- Recording results of laboratory evaluations.
- Sample storage, tracking on excel sheet or any other sample tracking system
- Timely ordering of laboratory kits
- Laboratory kit inventory
- Keeping record of all laboratory activities.
- Daily recording of temperatures for the fridges
- Ensure timely service of laboratory equipment.
- Perform laboratory quality assurance for all
- Diploma in medical laboratory science Clinical trial work experience particularly vaccine trial
- Updated IATA and GCP certificates
- Computer skills is an added advantage
- Experience working in a research setting
How To Apply for IDRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their applications using this link on the IDRC website.
Additional Important Comments:
- All applications must be submitted through the IDRC website
- Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
- Applications cannot be amended following submission.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted Further
Deadline: Monday 6th December 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.