Job Title: Supply Chain Management Officer (Logistics & Assets) – UNOPS Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) Profile:
The UNOPS Peace and Security Cluster (PSC) is a principal service provider in the field of mine action with the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS), UNDP, UNICEF, Governments of mine-affected countries and other mine action partners. The Cluster is responsible to administer, provide support and oversight of the day-to-day management of the Project Field offices, both according to the client requirements and in line with UNOPS rules and regulations. It is headed by the Cluster Director who has the overall authority and accountability for the performance of the Peace and Security Cluster on behalf of its clients.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Support Services (HoSS), the National Supply Chain Management Officer (SCMO) ensures the provision of efficient and timely support in Logistics, Assets Management & warehousing to the ESO and its supported programmes. He/she promotes a client-focused, quality and results- oriented approach and provides support to the relevant Logistics and Assets personnel. In the discharge of her/his duties, the SCMO works with local partners, field programme focal points and portfolio counterparts in order to ensure best support.
Roles and responsibilities
Summary of Key results area:
- Logistics and Health, Safety, Social and Environmental (HSSE)
- Assets Management
- Transport and Fleet Management
- Team Management
- Knowledge building & Knowledge Sharing
1. Logistics and HSSE
- Provide logistics operations support related but not limited to cargo management and warehousing , in accordance with UNOPS policies and procedures.
- Plan and implement an appropriate logistics system including warehousing and in-country transport capacity, including establishment of long term agreements for e.g. customs clearance, storage and transport.
- Contribute to development and maintenance of internal procedures and workflows relating to supply chain processes.
- Identify, register and follow supply chain project risks related to logistics, transport & warehouse and escalate them whenever necessary.
- Liaise with the Procurement Unit and facilitate timely clearance, receipt, delivery and handover of goods
- Manage international shipments, and liaise with the Entebbe Support Base units, the programmes local teams and the local authorities for tax exemptions, customs clearances and the timely delivery of consignment to the ESO programmes.
- Maintain accurate records, ensure data quality and produce logistics reports as necessary.
- Contribute to drafting, reviewing and monitoring the implementation of the health, safety, social and environmental (HSSE) management plans for Entebbe and the regional programmes in line with UNOPS policies and support the HSSE focal point as required. Raise awareness on health and safety issues among project staff, contractors and other stakeholders. Ensure timely reporting requirements. Carries out analysis on incidents and issues for identifying improvement plans and strategies.
2. Assets Management
- Ensure the existing asset management and accounting system for all UNOPS managed equipment and properties is in accordance with UNOPS asset management policy and UNOPS PSC Asset Management SOP.
- Ensure the maintenance of the logistical filing system to include all equipment information, maintenance schedules and logs documentation and ensure that inventories of assets, equipment and consumables are recorded, monitored and updated.
- Ensure the efficient assembling, tagging, labelling and arrangement for the shipment of goods and materials.
- Conduct inspection of all goods & materials received and review the Receive and Inspection Report is done upon arrival.
- Maintain an accurate and quality assets and inventory database conduct regular audits to ensure the accuracy of the records prepare reports for anomalies and discrepancies.
- Prepare and submit in a timely manner the assets and inventory reports.
3. Transport and fleet Management
- Support in implementation of a transport management system in compliance with UNOPS rules and regulations.
- Manage ESO vehicle registration, insurance and tagging is up to date.
- Conduct analysis and identify improvements of fleet management to ensure optimal utilization, availability, fuel consumption and maintenance.
- Ensure the office vehicles are in running conditions and the repairs and maintenance are carried out as per the manufacturer recommendations and the service plans.
- Conduct regular awareness sessions on road and safety procedures.
4. Team Management
- Facilitates the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provides oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
5. Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Organizes, facilitates and/or delivers training and learning initiatives for personnel on logistics and assets management.
- Provides sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in procurement. Update and maintain the relevant Issues and Lessons learned Log register.
- Collects feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
- Stay abreast of the latest policies and procedures in logistics, assets and transport management.
Impact of Results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the SCMO affects the performance of major aspects of the relevant business unit/s, project activities, Logistics, Assets management & Warehousing, support services, impacting the timely and effective implementation of the respective services and deliverables. This ensures client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of UNOPS as an effective service provider in project services and management. This enhances UNOPS’ competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the country/region served.
* CANDIDATES WITH NO UN OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE TO APPLY.
* QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
Qualifications for UNOPS Uganda Jobs 2021
- A First Level degree (Bachelor or equivalent) with 2 years of relevant experience OR
- Secondary school (a High school or equivalent) with 6 years of relevant experience is required.
b. Work Experience
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in providing logistics or assets management services in national and/or international public or corporate organizations.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries is desired.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office; G-suite) and experience in handling web-based management systems is desired.
- Fluency in English, (Speaking, Writing & Reading)
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset
How To Apply for UNOPS Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 15th December 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.