Job Title: Associate IT Service Delivery Management Officer – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UNHCR Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Monthly net salary: UGX 11,343,170 and UGX 14,809,420
UNHCR Uganda Profile:
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
The Associate IT Service Delivery Management Officer is responsible for ensuring that IT systems and services are available and delivered consistently, reliably, and effectively. The incumbent oversees day-to-day operations and coordinates the work of multiple support groups, both internal to UNHCR, as well as, Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and ensures the various MSPs (both local and corporate) and UNHCR IT staff under their supervision deliver efficient and effective systems and services in accordance to contractual obligations and best practices. Understanding the current and future needs, the incumbent ensures that the IT requirements are understood and that offices within their respective area of responsibility (AoR) have adequate IT Services to maintain communications across the organization and have the IT tools necessary to support their work.
Roles and Responsibilities for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Oversee daily Business-As-Usual operational decisions, including; incident, problem, change, service request, and asset management.
- Prepare an IT Operations Plan and forecast annual IT budget needs; including lifecycle management, application licensing, maintenance, recurring and capital expenditures ¿ providing input to the Annual Programme Review.
- Ensure compliance with Service Management and IT security policies and standards, technical architecture, and service level agreements ¿ reporting non-compliance as appropriate.
- Monitor Service Level performance targets (internal and external); including, follow up, validation, and audit of results.
- Serve as primary escalation point for end-user and operational issues (Incidents & Service Requests) not resolved within established SLA’s; coordinate with MSPs to expedite resolution including prioritization and escalation of SLA performance breaches to supervisor or responsible service tower owner.
- Work closely with UNHCR SDMs and MSPs to carry out problem management and root cause analysis and prevent recurrence of critical problems by executing approved changes.
- Review and validate that Change Management processes are adhered to by both staff and MSPs. Ensure that change, test, and release processes are properly planned and executed. Approve installation of new or upgraded systems and services. Support deployments and testing of new IT components.
- Recommend, and implement approved, service delivery process improvements. Define support processes in accordance with ITIL best-practices.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all IT equipment for all sites and ensure relevant Asset Management policies and guidelines are followed and the ITSM databases are up-to-date
- Maintain accurate inventory of all locally developed applications and systems and report in the central registry.
- Leverage the broader IT community (UNHCR, UN agencies, partners and external providers) to deliver the most efficient and cost-effective solutions to the business. May represent UNHCR IT in inter-agency and other external meetings.
- Ensure solutions are of high-quality from a technical perspective and that end-user support is responsive and effective.
- Monitor, analyse, and report on system and infrastructure performance and capacity in a timely manner and ensure that service owner take appropriate action.
- Track expenditures against budgets, prepare forecasts, and verify invoices from service providers and suppliers against SLA performance targets before payment is approved. Participate in periodic performance review meetings with partners.
- Provide accurate and timely information on operational status and reports to management.
- Ensure Audit recommendations and actions are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist in drafting requests for proposals and reviewing support contracts including SLAs, SOPs, and OGs.
- Liaise and negotiate, when necessary, with relevant regulatory bodies to ensure all required permissions to operate UNHCR networks are granted.
- Promote partnership with sister Agencies, Implementing Partners, NGOs and other operational partners in consultation with Regional Bureau/Country Representative/DIST, Headquarters.
- Report on regularly to the Regional Bureau, Senior IT Service Delivery Management Officer.
- Coordinate with UNHCR offices for logistic support to clear IT equipment and accessories for speedy deployment.
Minimum Qualifications for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
- Information & Communications Technologies; Computer Science, Information Systems, or Project Management; or other relevant field.
- At least three years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
- Certificates and/or Licenses
- Experience in IT including managing IT service delivery with SLA based delivery of both centralized and decentralized applications, systems, and services.
- Good understanding and practical experience of ITIL Service Operations processes driven by continuous improvement.
- Experience working with business partners to understand how IT affects an organization and link it to business processes and operational tasks.
- Ability to influence, manage and lead negotiations with stakeholders. Strong interpersonal skills that include effective communications (both verbally and written) at all levels; to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working in a matrixed team to ensure collaborations and effective operations across multiple organisations.
- Experience in project monitoring and control, data analysis, and presentation for executive review and decision making.
- Experience of coordinating activities across different partner organizations developing effective services.
- Formal certification in ITIL Service Operations.
- Experience providing IT services, including deep field locations.
- Experience acting as an inter-agency IT focal point.
- Solid understanding of application and infrastructure technologies used in IT systems and services supported by IT staff in the AoR.
- Experience of operating in humanitarian or United Nations organizations, with field experience.
- A good understanding of UN/UNHCR reforms and the priority agenda of the organization.
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 12th December 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.