Job Title: Assistant Finance Officer (Replacement Capacity) – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UNHCR Uganda
Job Location: Uganda
Monthly net salary: UGX 9,532,330 and UGX12,444,830
UNHCR Uganda Profile:
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Roles and Responsibilities for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Contribute to the assessment of budgetary needs for administrative budgets (ABOD); monitor and control ABOD expenditure in the office.
- Analyze, evaluate and control disbursements/receipts, as well as expenditure variances against approved budgets.
- Review vouchers, including ABOD and project disbursements.
- Propose monthly cash requirements for the office, and ensure adequate and timely replenishments of funds;
- Contribute to the preparation and processing of monthly accounts.
- Provide financial status reports to supervisors.
- Analyze and evaluate financial reports within the area of responsibility on a regular basis.
- Maintain relationships with local bank at the transactional level.
- Ensure that payments are effectuated by the monthly deadline.
- Ensure that monthly accounts are correct and approved, and ensure timely monthly bank reconciliations, including open items, review and clearance of unwanted requisitions and PO balances.
- Conduct regular checks of petty cash and cash accounts.
- Verify that all financial transactions are correct and in accordance with UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Prepare office-level financial expenditure reports submitted to the Regional Bureau or Headquarters.
- Approve vouchers, including ABOD and project disbursements.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal applicant for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Assistant Finance Officer job must hold For P1/NOA – 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree in Accounting; Finance; Public Administration, Business Administration; Economics; or other relevant field.
- Internal Auditor (CIA) Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications. Excellent communication skills.
- *IT-Computer Literacy
- *FI-Financial Accounting – Modified cash-based accounting as per international standards
- FI-Financial Accrual Accounting under internationally accepted standards (IFRS, IPSAS, etc)
- FI-ERP Financial Management (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Workday and other)
- Language: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- Working experience of at least one year in an intergovernmental organization (United Nations or similar). Good knowledge of United Nations financial rules and procedures. Good understanding of accrual accounting (such as IPSAS or IFRS). Working experience with PeopleSoft/Oracle Financial modules.
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 20th December 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.