IRC Uganda Jobs 2021 – M&E Officer
Job Title: M&E Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education and power.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), refugees and various institutions in the country, notably the government, community-based organizations (CBOs), civil society organizations (CSOs) and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health and nutrition, support to persons with specific needs (PSNs) including case management, legal assistance to refugees, prevention and response to gender-based violence, Education and economic recovery and development (ERD). The IRC has a country office in Kampala and field offices in Amudat, Imvepi, Kyegegwa, Lamwo, Moroto, Kiryandongo and Yumbe, as well as an urban office in Nsambya within Kampala.
Working under the supervision and guidance of the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) manager, the M&E officer will be based in IRC field office in Bidibidi, Yumbe district. The M&E officer will work closely with all program staff in the field to implement the IRC M&E commitments, improve program quality through enhanced data management systems and processes supporting the PRoL department under the UNHCR, BPRM and Play well grants. The position will support measurement in the field Office. S/he works with, guidance from the IRC Uganda MEAL Manager, MEAL Coordinator, and the Protection Manager in writing donor reports and other reports required. S/he will conduct frequent visits to the field and assess the quality of the project activities, M&E work, ensure understanding and compliance with M&E procedures and provide guidance and coaching to PRoL staffs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with the program team to develop a detailed M&E plan for the program based on the project log frame to track progress against agreed indicators.
- Track the M & E plan and frequently provide the program with trend analysis of tracked indicators while identifying the outliers.
- Assist program staffs during survey planning and implementation especially preparing logistics needed, participating in data collection, data cleaning analysis and report writing.
- Support MEAL/Program manager in the compilation of Monthly, Quarterly, Biannual, and annual reports through provision of timely accurate and updated data.
- Participate in regular data verification and audit exercises to assess the quality of data reported and address any anomalies identified.
- Support program staff to engage in continuous data quality improvement and support project staffs to frequently use data for program improvement.
- Participate in quality of care/intervention monitoring together with the District and IRC project staff while ensuring availability of data at the facilities for assessing program quality.
- Provide accurate information that informs the program review meetings.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date database for the PRoL program.
- Maintain a good record keeping system and undertake continuous monitoring and regular evaluation of program activities.
- Support the operation of feedback channels (logbook, client satisfaction and engagement surveys).
- Support the recording of feedback, analysis and accessibility of feedback data for programmatic decision making
- Assist with any duties as requested by the direct supervisor
- Provide regular feedback to the MEAL Manager/Protection Managers on project implementation.
- Provide the program staffs with monthly reports on performance against indicators and trends.
- Assist in preparation of donor program reports.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Minimum 3 years field experience in project and program monitoring and evaluation, including: Project Monitoring and Evaluation System Design, Management of Monitoring Systems, Project Evaluation.
- Practical experience in data analysis software, data collection and management tools such as SPSS, Excel, Access and electronic data collection tools such as ODK, Kobo tool.
- Experience in data analysis, trend analysis and interpretations.
- Experience in continuous quality improvement.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies.
- Proven experience of developing data collection tools
- Proven training/capacity building skills in MEAL
- Good experience of monitoring and evaluation of programs.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven track record of quality performance in highly pressured environments.
- Strong facilitation skills, and strong understanding of how to safely and accurately collect feedback from all members of a community regardless of their age, gender, or other diversity factors
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel, internet, power point, etc.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: December 22nd, 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.