Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Asset Creation and Livelihoods (ACL) Intern) – UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kyangwali, Isingiro and Kyenjojo, Uganda
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and work with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable people in Karamoja with food and nutrition assistance. Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets.
As Uganda strives to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 and become a middle-income country by 2040, WFP is also assessing its relevance and repositioning its role in Uganda.
We are seeking a qualified graduates for the position of Business Support Assistant- Asset Creation and Livelihoods-Interns (3) , SSA3 to be based at Kyangwali, Isingiro and Kyenjojo Field Offices under the internship project. Selected candidates will be employed on Special Service Agreement (6 months). The positions are based at the Field Offices (FO’s) and report to the Monitoring Assistants or designates. The position holders will support the overall implementation of the Asset Creation and Livelihood interventions under the 3 FOs through undertaking and participation in all activities ranging from planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting.
Roles and responsibilities of UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Participate in the programme design and planning processes
- In partnership with District Local Governments and OPM participate in the community sensitization and beneficiary selection process
- Support project beneficiary profiling and registration exercises
- Support the monitoring assistant in the overall monitoring of the ACL/livelihood activities in the refugee settlement and in the host community in collaboration with Government (OPM, DLG), UNHCR and other livelihood partners in the district using MODA
- Strengthen internal and external programme integration
- Support the district, OPM and sub counties in the implementation of the ACL activities
- Working with the Sub County teams and OPM, maintain a record of attendance for all beneficiaries participating in ACL activities
- Support in the development of concept notes for activities and support in the processing of funds for activity implementation
- Support in organizing and participate in joint support missions to the different project locations
- Support in the program documentation maintaining both hard and soft copies of all relevant information
- Working with the community engagement team support to document success stories/human interest stories emerging from program implementation
- On a weekly and monthly basis submit to the Monitoring Assistant highlights of activities undertaken during the reporting period and any other important information for the attention of management
- Support the monitoring and implementation of other programs such as the AMS/MKF activities
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
- A recent graduate of a bachelor’s programme in Social Work Social Administration, Development studies, Agriculture, Environment Management, Project Planning and Management among others with at least a second class degree from a Recognised University.
- Basic understanding of the livelihood programming
- Good knowledge and understanding of the local communities
- Good computer skills with knowledge of MS office applications
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work with the most vulnerable communities including refugees
- Highly flexible and willing to live and work in hard to reach areas
- A team player who is able to work effectively in a diverse environment
- Self motivated and ready to work with minimal supervision
- A resident of the local Area (Should originate from the targeted local region (South West), born and staying in the region)
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 28th December 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.