Job Title: Procurement Assistant – FHI 360 Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: FHI 360 Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
FHI 360 Uganda Profile:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
This position is characterized by the performance of a variety of administrative and office support duties. Positions require knowledge of organizational and departmental policies and procedures in order to communicate information involving programs, functions, and services. Duties performed may include preparation of documents and reports, the use of office technology, compiling records, organizing and maintaining files, posting information, greeting/referring/assisting others, mail distribution, and photocopying. The range of duties includes, but is not limited to, collecting and verifying data, summarizing and reconciling information or financial data, records management, review and processing, research and inventory. Positions may serve as the primary staff assistant to a department or manager. At the advanced level, may serve as a lead worker or may provide supervision to other employees.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides information to callers.
- Works in cooperation with other Administrative Associates to cover phones.
- Provides administrative support to staff for copying, faxing and large- scale mailings..
- Responds to staff requests for administrative support as needed.
- Sets up and maintain files, prepares reports, presentations and graphics, provides employees with office supplies, performs data entry, proofreads, and compiles special reports.
- Receives and distributes incoming mailing and coordinates outgoing mail, including courier services, postage meter account, and interoffice mail distribution.
- Schedules meetings and meeting arrangements.
- Provides meeting support as needed (e.g., scheduling conference rooms, coordinating food, logistics).
- Communicates with both internal and external personnel as required.
- Prepares and maintains documentation, plans, reports, schedules, databases, spreadsheets, logs, etc. to support functions.
- Assignments vary based on department and/or functional area.
- May handle special projects and execute research and data analysis tasks,
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Performs desktop publishing. Creates and develops visual presentations.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system.
- Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates library of trade journals and magazines.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for members of the department.
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries.
- Compiles documents for travel- related meetings.
- Processes travel expense forms.
- Compiles data and prepares reports.
- Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary for staff members, as requested.
- Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Works independently or as a member of a team on special and ongoing projects.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEOs, Presidents, and Senior Vice Presidents.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains departmental policies when necessary.
Qualifications for FHI 360 Uganda Jobs 2021
- The applicant must hold an Associate’s Degree or International Equivalent in Business Administration or Related Field.
- 3 – 5 Years of related experience.
- Demonstrates understanding of the area of specialization, of program procedures, methods, and practices to include knowledge of program and staff responsibilities.
- Uses established filing and data systems, functions, and/or procedures that require knowledge of the program.
- Reviews data and information for completeness and accuracy using standard guidelines; performs tasks with attention to detail.
- Understands software used to perform day-to-day functions.
- Uses office software programs, information systems, and office equipment to access, input, and verify standard information.
- Communicates information clearly to staff, clients, and/or public about services, processes, and procedures using prescribed or established guidelines.
- Utilizes program specific terminology.
- Gathers readily available information from office records to drafts e-mails, memos and other documents.
- Proofreads documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and basic formatting.
- Provides answers to requests for general information.
- Records and documents information accurately.
- Ability to gather, recommend and summarize data for reports, finds solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritizes work.
- Work requires attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
How To Apply for FHI 360 Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 17th December 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.