Job Title: 2 Programme Assistants – NUDIPU Jobs 2021
Organization: National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU)
Duty Station: Uganda
National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU) Profile
National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU) is an indigenous umbrella NGO of Persons with Disabilities that brings together all disability categories with the vision of ensuring that there is “a Just and Fair society where Persons with Disabilities live a prosperous and Dignified Life”. Formed in November 1987. NUDIPU exists to advocate for the rights of Persons with Disabilities in a unified voice for improved livelihoods.
The Programme Assistant will support the implementation of Livelihood /economic empowerment activities in line with NUDIPU’s strategy and policies to realize the Project goal. The job holder is responsible for the day to day direct implementation of field activities as assigned by the Programme Officer in Livelihood Programme, taking lead in the implementation of iSAVE inclusive livelihood programme activities in the district.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Support Programme Planning and implementation
- Develop periodic work plans for activity implementation.
- Make appropriate arrangements and prepare logistics for meetings, trainings and other activities.
- Collect and share relevant project information and data in accordance with the Programme/project M&E frameworks
- Take lead in the implementation of iSAVE inclusive economic empowerment program activities in the district.
- Supervise and appraise district-based staff.
- Closely monitor the programme and ensure quality control.
- Network with other organizations in the field of economic empowerment in the district
- Provide advice and trainings of the field promoters and focal persons on iSAVE modules according to agreed schedules and on demand basis
- Provide regular technical oversight of the district union.
- Write, develop and submit monthly and quarterly progress financial and narrative reports to the supervisor in line with the donor requirements.
- Provide technical guidance, couching and mentoring of staff and volunteers
Other tasks and responsibilities
- Participate in the organisation’s key events and represent the organisation in relevant fora at the district level.
- Ensure that NUDIPU resources under his/her care are properly deployed and utilized.
- Undertake all necessary actions to protect and promote the image and brand of NUDIPU
- Carry out own administrative functions including timely filing and maintain timely response to official correspondences and reports.
- Writing project articles for project visibility and publicity purposes.
Minimum Qualifications for NUDIPU Jobs 2021
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Social Work and Social Administration, Business Administration or any other related discipline in Humanities. Qualification in project planning and management is an added advantage.
- At least two years of experience on economic empowerment interventions including VSLAs.
- Proposal writing; Project planning, implementation and monitoring; administrative and coordination skills; report writing; livelihood empowerment; and skills in computer application (Excel sheet, MS word and power point.
- Relevant knowledge on national and international legal frameworks that protect and promote the rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Experience in disability, youth and Gender inclusion in programming,
- Must have experience of working in the lower local government and ready to work in rural areas of Kasese and Buvuma Districts.
- Applicants should also be fluent in the respective local languages and ready to reside in the project districts.
How To Apply for NUDIPU Jobs 2021
All qualified candidates should submit their applications, copies of academic transcripts and detailed CVs including contact addresses of 3 referees either electronically to; Info@nudipu.org or hand delivered to NUDIPU head office along Bukoto Kisaasi Road.
Hard copies can also be sent through the organizational postal address P.O. Box 8567 Kampala addressed to the Chief Executive officer
Applicants should indicate their district of preference. (Kasese and Buvuma)
Note: Qualifying Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply!
Deadline: 16th December 2021 by 5:30 PM.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.