Job Title: Research Data Associate – The Khana Group Jobs 2021
Organization: The Khana Group (TKG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Khana Group (TKG) Profile:
The Khana Group (TKG) is a leading social impact research, evaluation, and data collection firm with a mission to improve evidence and impact with data. The firm has offices in Liberia, Ghana, Nigeria, and the US and conducts rigorous research and evaluations across the continents and has worked on over 300 projects with over 100 clients and partners, across over 25 countries in Africa.
TKG is expanding its team and is seeking a Research Data Associate working remotely (with some travel requirements) to support research design, study management, data collection, data analysis and results dissemination for research projects. He/She will work as part of a research team to initiate, conduct and manage research studies, to ensure accurate execution of research protocols. We are looking for someone who has past experiences leading or supporting large-scale data collection and in-depth knowledge of data collections tools such as SurveyCTO, SurveyToGo, Survey Solutions, ODK, Magpi, etc. and understands scripting survey questionnaire.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support the implementation and monitoring of the data management aspects of research projects
- Support the design and development of data collection and analysis tools and guidelines
- Export and adapt data collection tools (questionnaires, interviews, checklists, etc.) into the existing data collection platforms (SurveyCTO, SurveyToGo, Survey Solutions, etc.)
- Support data cleaning, analysis and reporting using various tools, including SPSS and STATA
- Participate in the entire data collection process, including testing and finalization of data collection instruments, training of survey teams, in-field supervision of survey implementation, and quality-control for submitted data
- Familiarity with working in urban and rural areas in Africa
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and detail-oriented; dependability, integrity and time effectiveness.
- Willingness and ability to travel into the rural areas
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters Preferred) in computer science, statistical studies, demography and any other field related data management and at least 3 years of experience in the field of database management, monitoring and evaluation and research
- Past experiences working with tools such as ODK, SurveyCTO, SurveyToGo, Survey Solutions, etc.
- Past experiences cleaning data and analyzing data with SPSS, Stata, etc.
- Excellent computer skills: MS Excel, Access, SQL, and Android tablets
- Experience working with international donor organizations highly desirable
- Proven experience leading field teams is desirable
- Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative data collection methodologies, and relating software packages
- Proven ability to develop user-friendly technical documents and reports
- Strong interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, organizational and team-work skills
- Proficient in using MS Office projects and conducting internet research is required
How To Apply for The Khana Group Jobs 2021
No telephone inquiries, please. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with Research Data Associate – Uganda in the subject line.
The Khana Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Closing Date: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.