Job Title: Grants and Business Development Coordinator – Restless Development Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Restless Development Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: Paid UGX 68,235,536 /=
Restless Development Uganda Profile:
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities.
We have operated in Uganda since 1997. Our work is guided by four goals set out by young people; (1) Voice: we recognize that young people have a voice and that participation is only meaningful when linked to power. (2) Living: We support young people to achieve a decent living and hold governments accountable for investing in youth-driven sustainable economies. (3) Sexual, Reproductive and Health Rights: We support young people to make positive choices about their health. and (4) Leadership: We empower young people and communities to prevent and lead the response to emerging crises, we make sure that this is part of a wider approach to invest in young people to build long-term resilience and sustainability through community mobilization.
Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation!
Roles and Responsibilities:
Grants Management and Compliances (40%):
- Organise and lead grant inception meetings to induct implementing staff on grant requirements.
- Schedule and coordinate regular program status meetings to monitor progress against activities, M&E targets and spend, as well as compliance to contractual terms for key restricted grants.
- Produce monthly program status reports for early identification of any challenges and risks in grant spending and implementation which may jeopardise good relations with donors.
- Lead on grants close out process and ensure grant close out files including timesheets are electronically and physically kept in line with our policies and procedures.
- Maintain and regularly update grant management tool to record and track grant performance, spending and related information.
- Create and distribute standard and special reports, studies, summaries, and analyses, as required, to the leadership team and other members of the team, as and when required.
- Lead on updates with partners and donors on grant management issues.
- Participate in budget reforecasting for all grants on a quarterly basis.
- Liaise with the Logistics team to ensure effective donor assets management.
- Work with the Finance team to lead on required grant no cost extensions (NCEs)
- Work with the Finance and OHR teams on monthly staff timesheet allocations.
- Filing of donor and partner contracts and communications (soft and hard copies).
- Ongoing maintenance of partnerships documentation for audit purposes.
- Preparation of required documentation i.e. contracts for internal and external audits, spot checks, and donor financial assessment.
- Work closely with the Head of Program and Partnerships to support the implementation of recommendations from audits for the Fundraising and Partnerships Unit.
- Ensure grant compliance in different processes: procurement, communications, reporting, budget management, etc. including management of pre-grant assessments
- Ensuring all grant documents are being stored and arranged properly in a timely manner.
Donor Reporting (20%):
- Ensure Reporting toolkit is updated and an effective guide to support timely submission and storage of high quality donor reports.
- Coordinate and follow up with Programmes, M&E and Finance staff for input and additional information into donors’ reports.
- Work closely with the Finance team to support the preparation of donor financial reports for small and medium term grants.
- Deliver high quality editing of reports to ensure an accurate picture of progress is presented and donor commitments are met.
- Work together with the Programmes and M&E teams to align internal systems with Donor reporting requirements.
Business Developments (25%):
- Coordinate the proposal development process – arranging meetings, coordinating with teams, getting approvals and making sure proposal submission is made in time.
- Lead on partnerships compliance of all CSO partners using Restless Development’s partnership assessment toolkit.
- Lead on completing capacity assessments of Restless Development Uganda commissioned by donors and partners.
- Develop and maintain a donor scoping sheet with details of all potential donors.
- Develop and maintain cultivation plans with details of high priority donors and engagement strategies with them.
- Maintain and regularly update the Uganda hub’s funnel with details of all existing and upcoming grants in the pipeline.
- Support the Fundraising and Partnerships Manager in preparing capacity statements, thematic papers, concept notes and proposals.
- Coordinate logistics for donor visits as well as visits from Restless Development’s international staff.
- Ensure all submitted proposals are stored and arranged properly.
- Performance management of the communications officer
- Induction of new staff and ongoing training of current staff on grant management and donor reporting requirements.
- Support Head of Programs and Partnerships to prepare for internal and external audits.
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks as required.
Minimum Qualifications for Restless Development Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Graduate level degree in a relevant field such as International Development, NGO Management, Programme Management, Marketing and Communications.
- Past Grant management and fundraising,managing bilateral & multilateral grants a plus
- Report writing
- Donor financial assessments, audits, and spot checks
- Budget monitoring
- Knowledge of the development sector, particularly on youth
- Experience in emergency and development settings
- Experience working with youth
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Please note that we DO NOT accept CVs, resumes and Cover letters.
- We do appreciate your interest in working with us. However, due to the large number of applicants only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews within two weeks after the deadline.
- Women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply as we are underrepresented in these areas.
How To Apply for Restless Development Uganda Jobs 2021
Deadline: 10th January 2022 by 12pm (midnight)
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.