Job Title: Research Assistants – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
International Rescue Committee (IRC), along with Ibis Reproductive Health, Ipas, African Population Health and Research Center and Resilience Action International, is conducting a study to explore and document women’s experiences with abortion in humanitarian settings in Bidibidi refugee settlement camp. The team is seeking individuals with experience conducting qualitative interviews for studies, preferably for research about sensitive sexual and reproductive health issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualitative interviewers will have the following:
- Complete a training in research ethics and attend an in-person study training in mid-January in Bidibidi
- Identify and recruit eligible participants for the study in coordination with the Study Coordinator and community partners.
- Obtaining verbal informed consent from eligible study participants.
- Scheduling and conducting face-to-face in-depth interviews with study participants
- Completing Field note form at the conclusion of each interview.
- Reviewing audio recordings to ensure high quality data is captured
- Transcription of audio recordings into text format.
- Send recorded audio and Field note forms to Study Coordinator for review.
- Ensure all study procedures always follow ethical standards.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in social sciences or any other related field, at least one year experience conducting qualitative research interviews.
- Prior experience conducting qualitative interviews, preferably within areas of sexual and reproductive health; experience with conducting interviews on abortion care preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with upholding high ethical standards in the conduct of research
- Strong interest in and support for sexual reproductive health issues including safe abortion
- Strong interest in improving qualitative research skills, a willingness to receive feedback and desire to learn.
- Experience working in humanitarian settings/and or familiarity with the study setting is highly desirable; Preference will be given to qualified applicants residing within Bidibidi refugee settlement.
- Proficient in typing, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and use of audio recording equipment is a plus.
- Prepared to work full time on the project for the duration of data collection activities (3 months)
- Fluent in English and at least one of the following languages: Arabic, Kakwa, and Aringa.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 3rd January 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.