Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021 – 2 Fresher Medical Logistics Officers
Job Title: 2 Medical Logistics Officers – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Location: Hoima, Fort Portal, Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
The holder of the position will perform day to day tasks of global health security project medical logistics and supply chain system operations. He/she will collaborate and build partnerships with key partners at regional, district and HF level involved in GHS medical logistics and supply chain systems strengthening to ensure GHS project commodity security.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement quarterly regional activity work plan (medical logistics component), procurement plans, and budget for medical logistics activities under the GHS project
- Monitor and support the scale up of electronic Logistics Management Information Systems (e-LMIS) and other technologies to improve inventory management at regional, district and health facility level e.g. RASS for emergency(COVID-19) supplies and EPIVAC
- Participate in capacity building activities including trainings, mentorships and coaching related to strengthening supply chain systems for public health emergency supplies
- Ensure functionality of Medicines and Therapeutic Committees at regional and HF level
- Ensure timely and proactive follow-up on delivery schedules, reporting timelines of GHS project commodity orders and reports to the district ordering/reporting teams and central warehouse focal persons and regularly update the Manager Medical logistics and relevant stakeholders
- Ensure a functional pharmacovigilance system for public health emergency response commodities like vaccines through ensuring active follow up vaccinated individuals to prevent Adverse Events Following Immunization (AEFIs)
- Implement strategies for identification, implementation and closing of quality improvement projects
- Support districts, health facilities and border crossings on the distribution and rational use of Infection Prevention and Control and any other related commodities
- Participate in joint technical support supervisions with national, district and health facility and border crossings staff to ensure that IPC and any other related commodities are managed as per national and project guidelines.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the Manager Medical Logistics and other stakeholders about the performance of the supply chain management program area in the project
- Participate in performance review meetings to assess the progress and best practices of the project in the relevant program area
- Participate in anti-microbial resistance (AMR) use and stewardship programs to prevent or reduce the incidence of health care-associated infections.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Diploma in Pharmacy with a degree in procurement and supply chain management or related field· Experience of working with electronic Logistics Management Information Systems (e-LMIS) and any other technologies
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with health systems strengthening projects or public health emergency responses
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
All l suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
Deadline: 31st December 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.