Deloitte Uganda Jobs 2021 – Fresher Business Analyst
Job Title: Business Support Services (Business Analyst) – Deloitte Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Deloitte Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Deloitte Uganda Profile:
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 345,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com
Deloitte is dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Uganda and within the East Africa market.
The Business Support Services – Business Analyst will ensure that all assignments are carried out to the highest standards in order to provide outstanding value to clients and the Firm, provide support to engagement teams by ensuring efficient & effective data collection for utilization on engagements per agreed client and Firm standards and promote our leadership capabilities, which are living our purpose, influence, performance drive, strategic direction and talent development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of proposals/tenders and presentations on request;
- Generate innovative solutions on projects / engagements in collaboration with team members to enhance / renew service offerings to client;
- Submit any billing, expense claims and timesheets on time;
- Manage Work In Progress on engagement and ensure billings are timeously done and collections followed up;
- Develop knowledge of relevant rules and regulations and their associated processes to formulate solutions for client problems;
- Conduct research and use appropriate facts, analysis, and conclusions to draft technical advice, reports, memoranda and other deliverables relevant to tax laws and rules;
- Remain current on developments and changes relating to area of specialization;
- Deliver client service according to relevant Deloitte standards, policies, and ethical principles;
- Understand the general components of and track progress against a work plan, assuming responsibility for assigned work and reviews for accuracy and quality;
- Develop an understanding of quality processes and risk procedures as they relate to clients, including scope;
- Understand our Business Process Solutions services and products;
- Support business development efforts through data gathering, research, or proposal development;
- Lead data gathering and assimilation to formulate a hypothesis and conducts an objective root cause analysis using a structured problem solving approach;
- Develop analytical models that can be interpreted convincingly and reinforce recommendations;
- Develop and validate solutions by combining insights from personal experiences and Deloitte Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) with standard methods and tools;
- Proactively share knowledge, ideas, and information with others to develop solutions;
- Identify technology components of business objectives and operations;
- Collaborate effectively with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and technologists on business-technology requirements;
- Apply knowledge of technologies to strengthen client recommendations;
- Stay current on technology trends and understands how Deloitte’s services and capabilities can address common client challenges;
- Comprehend how technology supports business objectives and enables core business processes;
- Support development of financial and accounting solutions by operating key financial and accounting topics (e.g., bookkeeping, reconciliation, budgeting, reporting, consolidation, controlling and analysis);
- Build a foundational knowledge of local and international accounting rules and principles;
- Prepare client’s fiscal, statutory and duty-related reports;
- Perform work in an efficient and effective manner by consistently applying Business Process Solutions methodologies, processes and tools;
- Apply basic fluency in accounting and tax related technology platforms;
- Respond promptly to compliance requests by deadlines;
- Apply the accounting standards, relevant laws and regulations (including specific local laws and regulations); and,
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Key Performance Areas
- Strategic Impact – Support the Partner/Director on delivery of designated engagement / project, managing the implementation of the agreed deliverables.
- Budgets / Profitability – Manage engagement budget through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management.
- Laws and Rules – Develops knowledge of current legislation across the Global Business Process Solutions function.
- Delivery Excellence – Recognizes the key capabilities required to deliver a high quality service experience to the client.
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving – Collects, assimilates, and analyzes data and uses standard processes and tools to help surface and support solutions for solving problems in the Business Process Solutions Business.
- Technology Tools and Solutions – Applies technology knowledge to address client business challenges.
- Finance & Accounting – Operates finance and accounting solutions that strengthen compliance and improve efficiency.
- The applicants for the Deloitte Business Support Services – Business Analyst job an Upper Second-class honours Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university;
- A minimum of 16 points at ‘A’ Level or equivalent;
- A first Grade in ‘O’ Level (with at least credit 3 in English and Mathematics) or equivalent;
- A recognized accounting qualification such as Certified Public Accountants (CPA), Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or the equivalent, is an added advantage;
- Two years of work experience in an accounting role will be an added advantage; and,
- Be a Ugandan citizen or eligible to work in Uganda.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Effective presentation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Good time-management skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and undertake research initiatives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
How To Apply for Deloitte Uganda Jobs 2021
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online:
Deadline: 9th January 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.