Job Title: Intern (Monitoring & Evaluation) – UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Brief description of WFP in Uganda
WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and work with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable people in Karamoja with food and nutrition assistance. Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets.
As Uganda strives to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 and become a middle-income country by 2040, WFP is also assessing its relevance and repositioning its role in Uganda.
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position (Monitoring and Evaluation) under the WFP Uganda Arua Area Office. The position will be based in Arua, Uganda. The Internship will be for an initial period of six (6) months. Provide technical support through the coordination of WFP M&E framework and standards through design and implementation of Corporate Results framework, Food security and nutrition assessment, post-distribution monitoring, market monitoring, output monitoring and projects evaluation plans and reports.
Roles and responsibilities of UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Participate in programme monitoring planning of Food basket monitoring (FBM), Cash Basket Monitoring (CBM), Cash Distribution Programme Monitoring (CDPM), Food distribution Programme monitoring (FDPM).
- Follow up to ensure collection of adequate and representative data as per agreed sample sizes. Ensure complete, accurate, consistent, and reliable data for analysis.
- Support analyses of collected data and prepare draft reports on process monitoring activities undertaken. o Document best practices, lessons learnt and human-interest stories regarding WFP programme Process monitoring.
Quarterly Post Distribution monitoring:
- Support with planning of QPDM for all WFP programme activities.
- Support with data collection, analysis and reporting of all QPDM activities.
- Support with dissemination of QPDM reports and follow up on action plans for QPDMs
- Support in all Area Office evidence generation activities undertaken by WFP with partners and other stakeholders. Such as market price monitoring, market Arua assessments, baselines, End-line, Food Security and Nutrition Assessments, KAPs studies, Barrier Studies etc related to WFP programming.
- Support in the organization of periodic reviews and in providing feedback on implementation.
- Follow up on missing monitoring data required for analysis and evidence generation.
- Support in preparation of corporate and M & E specific documents such as M & E framework for the Area Office, M & E Plan, Annual Programme Plan, Project log frames and Indicators, theories of change etc
- Support provision of feedback to WFP and partners on process monitoring
- Contribute to WFP quarterly RBN and HQ monitoring bulletins. o Perform any other duties as and when assigned
Qualifications for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
- Recent University graduate with a Bachelor in degree in Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Sciences or a related academic field. cour
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 7th January 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.