Job Title: Procurement Specialist – Pathfinder International Jobs 2022
Organization: Pathfinder International
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Pathfinder International Profile:
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for managing procurement processes to ensure effective, transparent and accountable support to Pathfinder International. They ensure adequate consideration for coordination of supplies deliveries and planning of program implementation. They provide technical advice and guidance to program/support teams on procurement of goods and services and on best procurement practices. The Procurement Specialist anticipates procurement bottlenecks and resolve them ahead of time.
Pathfinder International has been awarded a five-year Family Planning Activity (FPA) by the US Agency for International Development (USAID). As a lead implementing agency, Pathfinder with partners will play a catalytic role in increasing access to modern contraception and reducing the unmet need for voluntary family planning services in Uganda.
The FPA’s three Intermediate Result areas (IRs) are; Uganda leadership and coordination strengthened to support FPA; Positive social norms and behaviors enhanced to improve healthy timing and spacing of pregnancies; and access to quality FP increased!; will be implemented in 11 districts with three cluster offices in Masindi covering Kiryandongo, Bulissa and Kyankwanzi; Fortportal cluster covering Kyegegwa, Kyenjojo, Kibale, Ntoroko, and Bundibugyo; Masaka Cluster covering Gomba and Rakai districts with head office in Kampala overseeing all but covering Butambala.
Pathfinder International as the lead, will work in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health, the national planning authority, National population council, Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social development, Ministry of Education, Youths’ organizations and Uganda Family planning consortium to accelerate progress toward Uganda’s commitments and objectives under FP2020 and the country’s Vision 2040 strategy through strategic implementation, coordination and collaboration within these entities and across development and Implementing partners especially USG and non-USG partners especially those implementing Regional Health Integration to Enhanced Services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement procurement as per approved Pathfinder International guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain and regularly update the price list. Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with the Cluster Offices if procurement must be conducted there.
- Maintain and regularly update current suppliers’ database.
- Maintain, keep up to date and share a weekly procurement tracker, showing the current status of the requested items and the date which they are expected to be supplied.
- Organize the collection of the required number of quotes for all relevant procurements.
- Advise the budget holder on contract allocation if relevant. Call for procurement committee meetings, take notes and document the decision-making process.
- Draft POs according to the procurement committee’s proceedings for review of the relevant manager and submit for budget holder approval.
- Collate all payment files and submit to the Finance and Administration Manager for the check before submission to budget holder and finance for payment.
- Prepare monthly summary report on the payment, identifying problems in operations and solution proposed.
- Oversee all arrangement for meetings and conferences as required, ensuring these are delivered to a high quality and cost effectively.
- Manage supplier relationship up to the delivery of goods/completion of service.
- Follow up with finance office on outstanding payment files. In liaison with the Compliance Officer, troubleshoot files incompleteness and/or inconsistencies.
- Maintain and keep up to date a hard documentation filing system for procurement files allowing easy reference for audit purpose.
- Comply with all relevant Pathfinder International policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Generate any other procurement related reports upon request (item category/donor/time/budget etc)
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager in line with job description and capacity development plan.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- c2PtgVD u3Cdv
- Highly organized with good administration skills for order and information management, ability to develop filing systems and databases to ensure an auditable trail.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Project Planning, Management: Mastery-level skill in project planning and management.
- Software Applications: Mastery of knowledge of Microsoft products, including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Advanced influencing and diplomacy skills. Advanced customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement/Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Accounting or related field
- Professional international qualification in Procurement or Logistics (e,g CIPS, CILT) an added advantage
- Experience in procurement and logistics in INGO – minimum 3 years
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT literacy required – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email System, Internet browsing-
- Travel required
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
How To Apply for Pathfinder International Jobs 2022
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send a cover letter indicating the job title in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager USAID/Uganda Family Planning (FPA) and a detailed CV indicating current and expected gross salary, telephone contacts and three of the most recent referees: preferably supervisors to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.