Job Title: Hospitality Team Member – Show Mercy International Jobs 2022
Organization: Show Mercy International
Duty Station: Kaliiti, Wakiso, Uganda
Show Mercy International Profile
Show Mercy International is a Non-government Christian Organization dedicated to transforming lives. Our Missions is to mobilize, inspire and empower individuals to live a life on purpose while reaching out in love. We are seeking for passionate born-again Christians with experience in the following fields to join our team. Our culture is centred on; Kingdom Focused people, Expressive Passion, Consistent Growth, Personal Ownership and Steadfast Accountability.
This role requires you to love and care for all guests both long and short term guests, interns and staff portraying to them SMI values. This is to be done through the meals you prepare for them, house arrangements and general cleanliness in the rooms, general hygiene in and around the kitchen and, service with a smile and good attitude at all times.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organize work schedules (alongside the Manager) from the room status list, arrivals and departures and ensure timely cleanliness of guest rooms, corridors, verandas, and lounges.
- Distribute linen, towels and ensure dirty linens are replaced with clean ones as well as transfer dirty linen to the laundry.
- Account for room supplies such as towels, linens, utensils and other supplies as well as writing lists for needed supplies/foods.
- Provide timely catering and cleaning services to guests and staff whilst following directions and working with minimal supervision.
- Be part of the day-to-day hospitality arrangements with the rest of the hospitality staff to ensure timely and professional services are provided
- Help prepare and serve meals to guests or staff.
- In charge of the preparation of Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Rearrange furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout and check if all appliances in the rooms are in good working condition.
- Quickly respond to guest queries and requests.
- Respond to reports for housekeeping problems such as broken/faulty items and report any maintenance issues, safety hazards or damage of property.
- Ensure security of guest rooms and property by always keeping doors under lock after the guests leave.
- Maintain a clean kitchen and resident environment at all times.
- To promote the vision, mission and the values of SMI as expressed in the policies, regulations and guidelines of the Organisation.
- Other tasks as assigned
Standards for professional conduct: Both Professional and the Organisation’s ethical code of conduct should be adhered to.
- Born-again Christian.
- The applicant must hold a Diploma or Certificate in Tourism and Hotel Management, Leisure and hospitality or any related field.
- At least one (1) year experience in hotel or hospitality management.
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards is essential.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- Prioritization and time management skills.
- Customer-oriented and friendly.
- Working quickly without compromising quality.
- Keen attention to detail.
How To Apply for Show Mercy International Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified candidates should hand deliver their applications, CV, academic papers and recommendation letter from their pastor to our base by following these instructions;
If in Kampala town, go to Namirembe park and board a taxi to Kakiri. Tell the conductor you let out at “Kumi nanya” (14 in Luganda) stage. Get a Boda to Show Mercy or “ew’abazungu” at UGX. 3,000.
(If you’re along the Northern by-pass, get a taxi to Kakiri still or one to Wakiso from where you’ll board another headed to Kakiri.)
NB: All the above requested documents are mandatory. NO EMAIL applications will be considered.
Deadline: 10th January, 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.