Job Title: 2 Special Assets Management Collections Executives – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Officer- Special Assets Management
DFCU Bank Profile:
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Reporting to the Senior Officer- Special Assets Management, the role holder will maintain, monitor, and collect CB and BB loan portfolio of accounts aged between 0 to 180 days past due. Maximising cash collections and regular follow up on all loan repayments within a call centre environment to ensure optimal performance of facilities and customer retention thereby minimising accounts flow to non performing status and loss to the bank.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Accountable for reducing/minimizing delinquent accounts within assigned portfolio.
- Follow up with customers to ensure that payments are made as and when they fall due and chases for payments that are overdue between 0 – 180 days.
- Make collection calls and/or conduct field visits.
- Develop repayment schedules and restructures with the help of the Team Leader based on customer’s financial situation and advise customers on alternative repayment options.
- Resolve and provide customer service regarding loan related matters specifically collection issues; communicate and follow up effectively with customer queries, disputes etc.
- Process customer instructions within set TAT guidelines.
- Issue repayment reminders and /or demand notices.
- Updating customer files.
- Collaborate with the Team Leader and recommend accounts that require tougher action.
- Enlist the support of the Team Leader to resolve more complicated loan matters and identify root causes of non-payment.
- Timely capturing of cash flows in the system for proper IFRS Reporting to minimize provisions and compliance.
- Process release of securities for accounts that have been paid off.
- Following up on Insurance claims
- Recommend on the accounts to be outsourced to our external debt collectors before they become NPA.
- Inputting cashflows to support running of the IFRS9 model to come up with provisions for accounts below 3billion and retail unsecured.
- Creating awareness to other bank staff on portfolio management.
- A regional collector is also charged with collecting on NPA and written offs for CB, BB and DIB within different regions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent.
- 2 years Basic credit understanding.
- High level of customer service.
- Very good telephone techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good grammar is an added advantage.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Tactful and calm.
- Thorough understanding of the Bank’s Credit including SAM policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in the use of Word and Excel. PowerPoint is an added advantage.
- General Understanding of bank products, policies, controls, and procedures among others.
- General understanding of business, financial and accounting fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Word and Excel. Power Point.
- Time management.
- Exercising high level of integrity.
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O and A level) to the email address indicated below:
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300469.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
Closing Date: Friday 14th January 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.