Job Title: Counselor – AIC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: AIDS Information Centre Uganda (AIC)
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Prevention Officer
Directly Supervises: Sessional Counselors at the Regions
AIDS Information Centre Uganda Profile:
AIDS Information Centre-Uganda is a Non-Governmental Organization in Uganda established in 1990 to provide Voluntary Counseling and Testing for Human Immune Deficiency Virus. The Organization was founded as a result of growing demand from people who wanted to know their HIV status.
To provide and coordinate HIV counselling and testing services to clients at the AIC regional clinic and at community outreaches as may be required/
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop strategies for retention of clients in HIV care including evaluation of the performance of psychosocial groups.
- Conduct counselling sessions at the regional clinic and in the communities.
- Conduct HIV/AIDS awareness raising activities.
- Maintain a positive relationship with community health workers, VHT’s and other community-based groups to ensure they play an active role in the referral pathway.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with all organizations working in the context to facilitate referrals and joint activities, while upholding AIC’s standard in Health programming.
- Conduct regular follow-ups of clients in care, compile AIC, MoH and Donor reports, and attend weekly review meetings.
- Prepare clients to make informed decisions for HIV tests, through decision counselling
- Provide information on HIV/AIDS, STDs, FP, TB, PMTCT
- Provide pre-test counselling to clients, give test results to clients and provide test-result counselling
- Keep proper records of counselling sessions
- Participate in AIC training programs
- Participate in continuing medical education (CMEs) sessions
- Participate in research activities
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of HCT activities
- Attend service improvement meetings and provide periodic reports on the HCT activities of the clinic
- And any other duties that might be given by the supervisor in the line of duty.
- The ideal candidates for the Counsellor jobs should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Education, SWSA, Development studies, Community and Adult Education, Community Psychology, Guidance and Counselling, BSc Nursing or Clinical Officer’s diploma.
- HIV Counselling Certificate is a MUST have.
Minimum Experience and Exposure
- The applicant should preferably have at least two years’ experience in HIV Counselling or Clinical services
- Ability to communicate medical facts to non-medical people.
- High degree of Integrity, Empathy, Patience, Confidentiality
- Possess the ability to work under mental and physical stress
- Knowledge of Ministry of health and local government systems
How To Apply for AIC Uganda Jobs 2022
Human Resource Department, P.O. Box 10446, Kampala or to Human Resource Officer through email@example.com. State your salary expectation. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age
Deadline: Tuesday 11th January 2022 10:00am
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.