Job Title: Laboratory Technician – AIC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: AIDS Information Centre Uganda (AIC)
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Clinic Supervisor
AIDS Information Centre Uganda Profile:
AIDS Information Centre-Uganda is a Non-Governmental Organization in Uganda established in 1990 to provide Voluntary Counseling and Testing for Human Immune Deficiency Virus. The Organization was founded as a result of growing demand from people who wanted to know their HIV status.
To coordinate, manage and ensure the effective provision of laboratory services by AIC in the region.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare periodic work plans and budgets for laboratory services at the regional level
- Prepare estimates of supplies and equipment required for the effective operations of the laboratory
- Make orders for laboratory kits, supplies and equipment in a timely manner
- Maintain proper storage and security of laboratory kits, supplies and equipment
- Distribute received laboratory supplies to the laboratory staff of supported sites as required
- Collect, label, register and analyze samples for testing, and refer those tests that cannot be done on site to approved external laboratories
- Conduct laboratory tests, including HIV, RPR, CD4 count, HCG, malaria tests, TB tests, VDRL, and others; in accordance with established standard operating procedures and other specified guidelines, including those related to health and safety
- Supervise and provide technical guidance and support to the sessional laboratory staff deployed at the clinic
- Keep accurate records of all laboratory investigations and make reports on laboratory activities to the clinic supervisor
- Ensure laboratory supplies and equipment properly managed and accounted for
- Technical support provided to testing sites in the community
- Must have National Diploma in medical laboratory techniques or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Must be registered with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Minimum Experience and Exposure
- 2 years’ experience in the provision of medical laboratory services
- Exposure to HIV/AIDS care services
How To Apply for AIC Uganda Jobs 2022
Human Resource Department, P.O. Box 10446, Kampala or to Human Resource Officer through email@example.com. State your salary expectation. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age
Deadline: Tuesday 11th January 2022 10:00am
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.