Job Title: Social Behavioral Change Officer – PSI Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Population Services International (PSI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Social Behavioral Change Coordinator
Population Services International (PSI) Profile:
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to take on the role of Social Behavioral Change Officer to plan, implement, monitor and report on community engagement activities) in all the districts of implementation. He/She will supervise the experiential events management agency/suppliers and work closely with the facility demand creation and service delivery contact persons to ensure that events are executed as planned with activation materials delivered and appropriately set up in a timely manner. The officer will ensure that event locations are set up in line with the current COVID-19 SOPs and that these SoPs are always observed during the community activations. The position will be required to track and document event processes, results and learnings to ensure data to action for adaptive implementation.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Map, plan, execute and report on all community engagement activities including below the line activations in their clusters. This shall include collaborating with partners supporting the various health facilities and drug shops.
- Oversee the activities of the BTL marketing experiential and events management agency/suppliers and ensure that they are adequately supported to execute the planned events as per the workplan and achieve the stated objectives.
- Liaise with facility in charges, service delivery and demand creation focal persons to align activation schedules for efficiency and effectiveness based on a facility readiness checklist for selection and scheduling of the activations.
- Oversee the timely and successful execution of community and facility activations in the districts to achieve the projected results including appropriate set-up, branding and messaging, channel selection, availability of service providers, commodities and reporting mechanism while ensuring that Government of Uganda MoH stipulated Covid-19 protocols are always activated and adhered to during the community and facility activations.
- Lead the coordination and support the creation of an enabling environment in each of the identified health facilities and drug shops to provide quality FP services to their clients during the events including ensuring availability of stock.
- Leverage events to conduct support supervision/mentorship visits to service providers in these identified health facilities and drug shops to ensure quality and client safety during service provision.
- Establish and maintain strategic relations with DISC’s implementing partners at district level such as the district health management team, and relevant local partner organizations to support the implementation of activities.
- Support the planning and implementation of partner performance meetings at district level with trained health providers/drug shop owners to review evidence and learnings; and participate in coordinated and harmonized SRH interventions in the districts in line with project objectives.
- Monitor and utilize data to support the execution of events to improve productivity; and contribute to the documentation of key learnings and evidence that will add to the knowledge base on DMPA-SC for self-injection.
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Midwifery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities is an added advantage.
- At least three years of experience with demonstrated ability to work with various partners including the MoH, Local governments, CBOs and other NGOs.
- Previous experience in working with health providers in both the public and private sectors particularly in SRH and self-injection of DMPA-SC.
- Knowledge in behavior change that can be applied to health providers and intended audiences (provider behavior change and social behavior change).
- Computer literate with understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet use.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of marketing strategies to target women across multiple channels with relevant messaging.
- Experience working with the private sector is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated capacity to use existing tools to track, document and analyze performance for improved service marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to work well on a team as well as individually.
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills.
- Report writing skills (timely and accurately)
- Work-plan development and budgetary skills.
- Capacity building skills for partners.
- Medical detailing skills.
- Ability to analyse data, use data to make decisions, and implement in an iterative manner (adaptive implementation).
- Excellent relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from partner staff, facility owners, administrators, providers, demand creation focal persons and district local government authorities.
- Practical, innovative, resourceful and highly adaptable.
How To Apply for PSI Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested candidates should email their cover letter addressed to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, PSIU, and an updated CV ONLY to email@example.com indicating the Job title in the subject of the email.
Inclusion of your salary expectation in your cover letter is a key requirement.
Submission of certified academic papers is compulsory.
Applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 20th January 2022 by 5:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.