Job Title: Technical Advisor Care & Treatment – MUWRP Jobs 2022
Organization: Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Technical Advisor (Care and Treatment)
Position Number: MUWRP/12/02/21
Makerere University Walter Reed Project Profile:
Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit biomedical research Organization, whose mission is to mitigate disease threats through quality research, health care and disease surveillance. MUWRP was established in 2002 by a Memorandum of Agreement between The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) and Makerere University (Mak) to undertake medical research to test HIV vaccines. Over the years, MUWRP’s portfolio has progressively expanded to include vaccine research for Ebola and Marburg viruses, surveillance of influenza and influenza- like viruses and other emerging infections in humans and animals; also epidemiological, basic and implementation research in HIV treatment, care and prevention programs in the Districts of Kayunga, Mukono, Buvuma and Buikwe.
The Technical Advisor- Care & Treatment’s main responsibility will be to support the MUWRP PEPFAR program to implement to HIV care and treatment program in line with the GoU/PEPFAR guidelines through strengthening local government systems to offer quality HIV prevention, care and treatment services. The Technical Advisor – Care & Treatment will support care and treatment health facilities in the MUWRP supported districts for efficient delivery of quality HIV care and treatment services.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Implement care and treatment related activities as detailed in the approved annual PEPFAR program workplan.
- Provide appropriate technical and supervisory support to facilities and program sub grantees for effective implementation of the HIV care & treatment programs.
- Support implementation of the Differentiated Service delivery models for HIV Care and treatment in MUWRP supported districts/ health facilities.
- Coordinate with the relevant district technical teams and implementing partners to support and ensure smooth implementation of project activities.
- Collaborate with the MOH/ACP and other relevant ministry technical teams and provide technical assistance in planning, implementing, and monitoring the QI interventions aimed at improving outcomes in the HIV clinical care cascade.
- Represent MUWRP in related external engagements such as meetings, workshops, TWGs, IHPT/MHRP calls.
- Contribute to the development of program data collection and reporting tools aligned with the MUWRP and PEPFAR program goals and objectives.
- Support the periodic collection of accurate, consistent and timely programmatic data as may be required by MoH/ PEPFAR/IHPT/HJF/MUWRP to support reporting monitoring and evaluation of program performance
- Participate in periodic performance reviews with facility/ sub grantee teams for improved performance monitoring.
- Engage in alternative resource mobilization initiatives for the organization such as grants writing; strengthening/ building on resourceful collaboratives.
- Identify, document, disseminate, adapt and scale up best practices and innovations in the HIV program
- Write abstracts to improve knowledge sharing and MUWRP visibility.
Minimum Qualifications for MUWRP Jobs 2022
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine (MBChB)/ Nursing from a recognized University or Diploma in clinical medicine.
- At least 2 years of experience working with HIV/AIDS clinical service delivery support programs;
- Knowledge in clinical HIV/AIDS management, including the current national guidelines for HIV prevention, care and treatment and TB management.
- Experience in training and mentoring other healthcare workers
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Proficient in interpreting and analyzing diverse data, understand pediatric HIV epidemiology
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve set goals.
- Ability to meet very tight deadlines.
- Ability to reside in Kayunga or Mukono.
- Ability to frequently travel to the MUWRP PEPFAR supported sites in Buikwe, Kayunga, Mukono and Buvuma Islands.
How To Apply for MUWRP Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 14th January 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.