Enabel Uganda Jobs 2022 – ICT Technician
Job Title: ICT Technician – Enabel Uganda Jobs 2022
Duty Station: St. Simon Peter’s VTC – Hoima
Duration of contract: 12 Months
Start Date: February, 2022
Salary: Very attractive
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements the Belgian governmental cooperation. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its Belgian and international partners Enabel provides solutions to address urgent global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Social and Economic Inequalities and Global Citizenship. With 1.500 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
The overall purpose is to provide specialized knowledge and expertise in digital educational approaches to facilitate the transition to blended learning in the TVET institution.
Roles and responsibilities:
Information technology administrator
- Provide technical input into long term technology and educational digital roadmap strategy ensure that solutions align with 5-year strategy and have a significant impact for learners, staff, and organization.
- Keep up to date IT inventories and all other records of the department.
- Provide expatriate knowledge on emerging external trends in educational digital technology solutions.
- Support upon request in providing specifications for the purchase of ICT equipment (assessment of needs, drafting technical specifications, and advice during the evaluation of quotations).
- Advise Management on disposal of outdated ICT equipment in line with the ICT guideline and procedures.
- Custodian of the ICT lab/hub and all the gadgets.
- Ensure compliance with IT policies and procedures.
- Manage and operate the online teaching systems as well as digital library of the institute.
- Manage all the operations of the digital hub/lab.
- Support and run all the social media platforms of the institute.
- Prepare and update IT maintenance plan for the institute.
- Repair and maintain SSPVTC ICT systems and infrastructure (both hardware and software), including networks, file servers, internet etc,
- Keep a checklist for all IT systems and gadgets to ensure continuous and uninterrupted support.
- Install and update new software’s and anti-viruses.
- Carryout regular data/applications back-up and contingency recovery.
- Work with the service providers to ensure regular servicing and maintenance of all Back-ups, and computers.
- Maintain and update the institutional website, carryout user trainings on web accounts and email accounts.
- Design, install, operate and monitor the computer LAN and WAN.
- Support Network design and installation, Switching and routing, Bandwidth management, VPN management, etc.
- Design, configure and maintain ICT networks.
- Support the lab/hub users with computer-related issues such as creating user log-on accounts and passwords.
- Oversee the internet connectivity around the institution.
- Manage (operate and update) all the institute databases.
- Handle all digital data with high confidentiality and integrity and ensure data protection.
- Support the financial data management system.
- Provide regular user support on system usage, basic care & maintenance, safe handling and general operation of computers and accessories.
- Training of staff and students on digital tools (zoom, WhatsApp, Microsoft packages, screen casting, podcasting, etc).
- Provide specialized training to instructors on modern ICT skills.
- Support the teaching staff in the integration of ICT in technical instruction.
- Innovating leaner centered solutions that seek to improve the experience and learning capabilities of students.
Minimum Qualifications for Enabel Uganda Jobs 2022
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Information technology, ICT, Information systems, Computer engineering, or computer science.
- Possession of a post graduate certificate, diploma, or a master’s degree is an added advantage
- Possession of certifications such as CCNA,CCNP, CompTIA A+ Hardware, CompTIA Server+, is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in planning, designing, building, evaluating, trouble shooting, and delivering digital tools/platforms for learning.
- Advanced competencies in configuring and using windows operating system, linux/unix, Microsoft packages, anti-virus software, and database management systems.
- Ability to demonstrate skills in website design and administration, and use of EMIS is key.
- Proven experience in server management, network management and data sharing solutions for offices.
- Good knowledge of software and database applications, digital communication platforms and ability to work with new innovative tools.
- Any professional certificate in ICT related fields is an added advantage.
How To Apply for Enabel Uganda Jobs 2022
Interested applicants should submit their applications including a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV) and copies of academic documents , with names of at least 3 professional referees; their emails and telephone contacts.
Mode of submission:
Hand delivered at St. Simon Peter’s VTC-Hoima, addressed to:
The Principal, St. Simon Peter’s VTC, P.O Box 133, Hoima- Tel. +256780611815
Or via email address: email@example.com
All qualifying persons, including female candidates and people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited for interviews.
Closing Date: 21st January 2022 at 4:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.