Standard Chartered Bank Uganda Jobs – No Experience Credit Analyst
Job Title: Credit Analyst – Standard Chartered Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Standard Chartered Bank (Stanchart)
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Standard Chartered Bank (Stanchart) Profile:
Standard Chartered PLC is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Hong Kong, China. It operates a network of over 1,700 branches and outlets (including subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures) across more than 70 countries and employs around 87,000 people. It is a universal bank with operations in consumer, corporate and institutional banking, and treasury services. Despite its UK base, it does not conduct retail banking in the UK, and around 90% of its profits come from Africa, United Kingdom, United States and the Middle East. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda is the longest established international bank in the country; the first branch was opened in August 1912. We had 11 branches up to 1972 and retained only one branch during the turbulence of the 70s. In 1998 we acquired 4 branches of former Cooperative Bank in November 1999. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda today has a network of 11 branches in Kampala, Jinja, Mbale, Mbarara and Gulu. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda has 29 ATMs and over 600 staff.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Interact with the client, gather deal requirements, financial statements and other inputs for performing quality analysis and due diligence
- Work with RM/product partners in structuring credit solutions for the clients and ensuring the appropriateness of the products
- Work with RM in a) obtaining all pre clearances like ER negativity, segmentations, etc b) preparing & presenting work-shopping note and c). expediting approvals
- Responsible for end to end BCA process including preparing all the tools like Raptor, Scorecard, etc, in-depth analysis of various risks, quality presentation and ensuring fast credit approval.
- Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies e.g. preparing the Country portfolio standard checklist, Temasek check, other special reporting requirements etc.
- Coordinate and prepare for GCC meeting
- Liaise with GAM credit for limit approval/allocation. Release the trade offering in IMEX under the delegated Authority from the Segment Head, after obtaining the necessary approvals.
- Seek necessary approvals for excesses in the account.
Post deal account monitoring
- Monitor quality of the portfolio by tracking excess/past dues, strictly complying with ASTAR, EAR processes.
- Ensure timely submission of quality Quarterly Credit Reports.
- Monitor Risk triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and report appropriately.
- Ensure Zero BCA over dues.
- Liaise with Credit on BCA and other credit issues and ensure quick turnaround on queries.
- Proper maintenance of Credit files and ensuring Audit Ready at any time
- Attend EAR/Portfolio call/ MTM calls along with RMS
- In partnership with the relationship manager, ensure timely identification of account to be put in EAR as per the bank’s policies and guidelines.
- Prepare timely stress tests wherever required
- Prepare specific industry study wherever required.
- Prepare Credit opinion reports wherever required.
- Effective use of credit mate & RMWB.
Monitoring and Controls
- Keep a vigil on the Portfolio Monitoring Reports/ Credit Monitoring processes & ensuring that laid down procedures/Policies are complied with any deviations to be escalated to Unit Head/ Head Credit & Operational Risk Controls/Credit
- Oversight on CIC/ASTAR process. A proactive approach to identifying EAR accounts – No sudden slippages into GSAM.
- Ensure to remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Banks efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to : identifying our customer, knowing our customer, reporting suspicious transactions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Effective structuring the deal along with the RM – no of structured deals handle successfully
- Completion of BCAs and obtaining Credit approvals on time to facilitate faster execution of transactions.
- Revenue from the portfolio
- No overdue BCA, QCR
- Efficient handling of EAR, minimal ASTAR
- Nil provisioning.
- Satisfactory audit and other internal & external reviews
- No movement of account to GSAM without going through EAR
- A proactive approach to identifying EAR accounts – No sudden slippages into GSAM.
- Timely generation & circulation of various Monitoring reports.
- No surprise deficiencies to be detected in the Excess Monitoring Reports after the stipulated timelines for checking of the Reports- Evaluation to be based on spot checks by line manager and will take into account any relevant findings by internal/external audit/assurance reviews.
- The ideal candidate for the Standard Chartered Bank Credit Analyst job placement should hold a Degree in Business/Commerce/Economics preferred, however a degree in a science or other related field where analytical skills are gained is acceptable
- ACCA/CPA qualifications are an added advantage
- Strong Relationship Management skills
- Credit Risk Analysis Skills
How To Apply for Standard Chartered Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates who wish to join Standard Chartered Bank should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 20th January 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.