Job Title: 3 Protection Managers – ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: ALIGHT Uganda
Duty Station: Kyangwali, Nakivale and Rwamwanja Field Offices, Uganda
Alight Uganda Profile
ALIGHT, formerly the American Refugee Committee (ARC), is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years. In 2011, Alight helped nearly 2.5 million people get essential services to regain their health and take back control of their lives. Alight works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to communities of refugees and internally displaced persons in seven countries in Africa, Asia and Europe, including Iraq, Kosovo, and in the Darfur region of Sudan and is currently providing for emergency relief and recovery in Haiti. Alight provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection to help survivors of war and natural disasters to rebuild their lives with dignity, health care, security and self-sufficiency.
Reporting directly to the Team Leader and Technical Supervision of Protection Lead, the Protection Manager will be responsible for leading implementation of Alight’s protection programming. In this capacity, the Protection Manager will be responsible for day-to-day supervision and oversight of Protection team, various protection activities including budget management, and implementation of the requirements of the program. The Protection Manager will work closely with UNHCR and other protection actors in the refugee settlement as well as the settlement leadership structures.
The Protection Manager will work with implementing partners in the settlement to ensure the principles of effective and high quality interventions in all sub sectors including GBV, Child protection, Legal Assistance, Community Services and MHPSS. The Protection Manager will responsible for providing technical support and supervision consistent with international, national standards and ensure that program design, and implementation creates no harm in the communities, promotes human rights and has positive impact.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Staff Supervision & Development
- Mentor and build the capacity of protection staff members from gender based violence, child protection, community services and legal assistance on all aspects or programming including technical knowledge, project cycle management, budgeting and budget management, team management, coordination and reporting.
- Technically supervise all sub sector and provide quality oversight to and mentoring of the protection teams in the field, with a strong focus on building the capacity of staff to take on management responsibilities.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being, coordinate with respective Field Coordinators to manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- In close cooperation with the Protection Lead and other Senior Protection Technical Coordinators, actively participate in preparing technical documents.
Grant Planning & Project Implementation
- Lead the overall implementation of the Protection program in designated settlement and provide guidance to the protection staff to ensure that stated goals and objectives are met, that the project is appropriately monitored and evaluated.
- Ensure project reports are written and submitted in a timely manner as finalized per set schedules (monthly, quarterly and annually) and indicators and achievements are followed-up and reported upon, according to the work plan.
- Prepare program work plans that meet the program objectives and prepare appropriate operational guidelines for project staff.
- Regularly update the Grants documents (Indicator Tracking Sheet, Activity and Budget Trackers) and share with Program Manager
- Provide significant input into donor reports in a timely manner, including up-to-date data for indicators.
- Ensure that project activities are implemented within the assigned budget parameters, in consultation with the Finance Team and the Sub sector leads to ensure that project activities are implemented within the assigned budget parameters.
- Participate in strategic meetings in proposal development, and provide input from field- lessons etc. in establishment/update of overall protection strategy.
Technical Quality/Programme Management
- Provide technical guidance to sub sector teams on protection activities
- Provide technical guidance to staff and partners, on confidential and safe data collection in line with internationally recognized best practices.
- Maintain effective and safe referral pathways for protection concerns and other vulnerable cases between the protection programme, other internal Alight programmes and external partners, and ensure development and maintenance of SOPs for referrals.
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures on all protection SOPs including GBV, CP, legal assistance, protection monitoring and community based assistance.
- Ensure appropriate trainings for Alight staff and partners on basic protection issues, basic humanitarian principles, human rights concerns, prevailing legal framework and protection, and ensure that protection trainings are of high quality.
- Maintain open and professional relations with the Protection team members, promoting a strong team spirit and provide quality oversight and mentoring to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Develop and implement a context-appropriate, scalable community-based protection approach to foster self-protection capacities and engagement of conflict affected populations in host and refugee settlements.
Reporting and Advocacy
- Analyse protection data to produce succinct, analytical inputs in to monthly quarterly and annual reports to be shared with both external and internal stakeholders, highlighting key protection trends and concerns.
- Advise on protection trends to inform country-wide strategy and plans.
Coordination & Representation
- Develop and maintains effective coordination and long-term relationships with UNHCR and other external stakeholders, representing Alight’s positions, promoting long-term strategy and resolving problems/conflicts.
- Actively contribute and participate in the Site Level Protection Cluster’s Protection Working Groups, and share updates with the Protection Lead for meetings held at the national level.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social work, Community Psychology, Education, Development studies.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in humanitarian environment, internally displaced populations or other post conflict settings in GBV or similar with refugees will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated management skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent computer, writing and communication skills including report writing skills.
- The person must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time and work effectively with colleagues from different backgrounds.
- Strong computer skills.
- Motorbike riding experience and permit preferable.
- Candidates from South Western region who can speak Swahili and the resepective local languages are most prefered.
How To Apply for ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should apply through the link below.
NB: All candidates that previously applied for this position should not re-apply
Deadline: 24th January 2022 by 05:00 PM
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.