Job Title: Legal Assistant – LWF Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda
Job Location: Lamwo, Uganda
Reports to: Legal Officer
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Limited Profile:
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
LWF Uganda works closely with United Nations agencies (UNHCR, UNICEF, IOM, WFP), PRM, EU/ECHO, BfTW, etc. LWF Related and faith-based agencies and their back donors.
For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/WorldService.
Under the guidance of legal Officer, the Legal Assistant is responsible for planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of legal activities in the field. These will be conducted within the core commitments of the National, Regional and International principles and standards for prevention and response to protection concerns.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure appropriate case identification and follow up at court and police.
- Identify knowledge gaps and practices, which are harmful to the community and Conduct community led awareness raising session to address the knowledge gaps and promote practices that respect the rights and dignity of refuges.
- Identify and profile case of POCS, who requires specific support such as referrals.
- Ensure that all Project’s activities implemented and achieved based on, and according to the work plan and within the agreed project period
- Provide legal counselling to Refugees and Asylum seekers
- Carry out monthly prison visits.
- Educate POCs on the Refugees Laws in Uganda and interpretation of the laws.
- Actively participate in community activities and handle legal issues raised by clients.
- Assist in carrying out needs assessment to enhance proposal development
- Ensure that all weekly Projects activities in the field have approved work plans agreed upon with the supervisor;
- Ensure that all Work Plans, concept notes, budgets and beneficiary list are for all projects activities in their project locations are submitted on time;
- Build the capacity of project teams on project planning and scheduling.
Capacity building and Management and supervision:
- Lead and manage Community structures ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, providing supervision, guidance and mentoring, encouraging effective teamwork with clear reporting mechanisms.
- Agree on clear performance objectives for all staff under his/her supervision in appraisal, and ensuring all team members have appropriately set objectives, and that appraisal are undertaken in a timely manner;
- Will be responsible for staff development, coaching and mentoring to enhance the capacity of staff under their supervision;
- Assist in the legal officer in identification of capacity and knowledge gaps and make recommendations for training necessary for the delivery of good quality activities.
Financial management / Budget Monitoring & Control:
- Assist in developing accurate activity and annual budgets and budget revisions for the project/programme according to standards of the donor;
- Assist in ensuring that all activities have clear budgets, which are linked to the annual budgets and targets
- Assist in providing accountability for all activities on which funds have been committed and expensed.
- Ensures that all the all the stakeholders (OPM, RWCs and Block leaders) in their location are aware, and where possible participate in the project activities.
- Ensure that he/she coordinates with the RWCS and other Community structures in identification and response to cases and community awareness.
- Actively participate and represent the organization at the field coordination meetings and other interagency activities in the field.
- Assist all legal activities (reports, success stories, follow up and referrals) are clearly documented in appropriate tools and templates and submit them to the supervisor in time.
- Ensures that the outputs and outcomes of activities (success stories) are clearly documented giving the clear relationship between the intervention and the outcome achieved.
- Ensures that all activities conducted have specific evidences including fully signed attendance list, beneficiary distribution lists and activity reports accompanied by talking photos.
Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Assist in monitoring all legal activities to support the documentation of the key successes and outcomes as indicated in the activity concepts.
- Ensures that all activities conducted have specific activity reports, aligned to the concept notes, work plans and budgets.
- Ensures all reports (activity reports, weekly and monthly reports) meet the required quality standards and submitted in time.
- Participates in the compilation of the monthly, quarterly and annual project reports.
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Supervisor
Minimum Qualifications for LWF Uganda Jobs 2022
- The applicant for the Legal Assistant job placement should hold a Bachelors’ Degree in law/Diploma in Law from a recognized University/Institution,
- Sound knowledge of project monitoring and evaluation is an added advantage,
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in legal intervention, in humanitarian or development context,
- Proven knowledge and experience in developing and implementing community mobilization projects,
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian/Refugee laws, excellent communication skills (verbal and written), as well as interpersonal & negotiation skills.
- Must possess a valid riding permit.
How To Apply for LWF Uganda Jobs 2022
All Interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 31st January 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.