Job Title: Associate Environment Officer – Global Refugee Initiatives Jobs 2022
Organization: Global Refugee Initiatives (GRI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Global Refugee Initiatives (GRI) Profile:
Global Refugee Initiatives (GRI) is a humanitarian Non-Governmental Organization with headquarters in Kampala, Uganda. The success of our solutions is based on sustainability that is derived from collaborating with our project’s participants: refugees, internally displaced persons (IDPs) and their host communities. We provide increased access to education, health, justice, and economic opportunities, in order to better prepare our participants for (re)integration into society, an outcome that is rewarding for refugees, IDPs and host communities.
This is a paid volunteer position located in the food for schools and environmental education project unit, at GRI offices in Bweyale – Kiryandongo. The incumbent reports to the project manager of the unit and the project manager multi-stakeholder engagement.
GRI is working with partners to ensure primary school children in Kiryandongo Refugee Settlement have access to good quality and nutritious meals at school. Surplus from agricultural output is sold to the market and proceeds go towards GRI’s school sustainability. The school meals sub-project contributes to learning and mental development of children to help them realize their potential and provides an incentive for children especially girls to stay in school. The parallel environmental education sub-project aims at safeguarding the environment by implementing sustainable solutions with school children and displaced communities in Uganda.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Planning and organizing capacity-building activities in support of reporting and participating in relevant capacity-building events organized by governments and partner organizations.
- Assisting in maintaining interaction and coordination with schools, partners, local and national government, and other stakeholders.
- Representing the organization at external coordination meetings and processes related to environment and food security.
- Assisting in development of training material to support environmental education in schools.
- Delivering substantive presentations during the capacity-building activities in schools and community.
- Providing input to progress reports of both sub-projects.
- Assisting in the management of the administrative and financial aspects of both sub-projects, in particular providing support to fundraising efforts, grant agreements and other needed services, identifying and developing partnerships with international organizations and donors, drafting project proposals, and producing project reports to donors.
- Assisting in the development of communication material related to reporting process and outcomes.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- The ideal applicant must hold a bachelor’s or advanced degree in environmental management, natural or social sciences, development studies, education, or a similar field, and at least 2 years of work experience in the humanitarian sector or community development work.
- Prior experience working with children and youth is desirable.
- Communication: speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Interprets messages from others and responds appropriately, asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having a two-way communication, tailors’ language and tone to the audience and is open in sharing information.
- Be fluent in English and one of the local languages. Knowledge of Swahili will be an added advantage.
- This position is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How To Apply for Global Refugee Initiatives (GRI) Jobs 2022
All Interested candidates should send applications with CV/resume and letter of motivation to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 10th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.