Job Title: Driver – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Moroto, Uganda
Reports to: Supply Chain Officer
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
The Driver, based in Moroto will have the overall responsibility of safely transporting of IRC staff and materials, care and maintenance of IRC Vehicles and their accessories.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and record the condition of the vehicle on a daily basis; prepare weekly maintenance checklist.
- Ensure timely servicing and maintenance of IRC vehicles (complete service request forms and maintain service maintenance records); report to SCO any mechanical problems.
- Conduct daily assessments of road conditions and security situation.
- Drive IRC program staff in a safe and courteous manner to field sites across the country.
- Deliver mail/messages as directed.
- Operate HF and VHF mobile radio equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of interior/exterior of vehicle.
- Give accurate reconciliation within the given period.
- Always obey the IRC vehicle policy and Standard Operating procedures (use of logbook, no drinking and driving, signing out vehicle on vehicle registry and so on).
- Assist programs or SCV in loading cargo for the field.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- The applicant for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Driver should hold an Ordinary Certificate of Education; A Certificate in Basic Mechanics is an added advantage; Valid Driver’s license with classes A, B and DL
- Defensive Driving Skills
- Competent in spoken and written English, Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage
- Team spirit and problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, proven self-initiative and problem-solving abilities.
- Be able to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 4th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.