IDI Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Graduate Trainee Intern
Job Title: Graduate Trainee Intern – IDI Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to build capacity of health systems in Africa with strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research, and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University-John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach. IDI invites applications for the following full-time positions for upcoming US government (USAID) sponsored projects for delivery of services for HIV/AIDS and related health conditions.
The Intern will participate in server administration, software deployment and integration, resolving tickets and supporting the IT/IS department within IDI to provide robust and reliable services at the office and our various clinic and research sites. The ideal candidate should be technically competent with great interpersonal skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Write source code according to specifications (in Python, Java or any other modern language)
- Debug source code and write corrections
- Review code form Co-Programmers
- Assist with the deployment and maintenance of the Academy’s applications and IT platforms
- Participate in ongoing daily system monitoring, operation, and administrative team tasks to ensure the proper functioning and usability of all running systems and applications.
- Provide out of hours diagnostic and troubleshooting support as required
- Compile and maintain system documentation
- Interact with clients and other IDI team members at our various implementation sites both in person and remotely
- Researching new technology and making recommendations
- Participate in special projects as required
- Degree in a computer science or mathematics related discipline.
- Experience supporting both Windows and Linux based systems
- Able to develop software using Java, Python, C# or any other modern language
- Good organisational and administrative skills e.g. resourcefullness, good verbal and written communication
- Some Knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMWare, AWS, Azure or GCP etc
- Knowledge of programming/scripting on Linux
- Knowledge of database configuration, management, and administration using SQL Workbench, MS SQL Server Management Studio or similar
- Some knowledge of telecommunications engineering would be an advantage
- A high level of attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Proven communication and customer service skills
- Self-motivated person who takes the initiative to accomplish tasks
- Desire to learn and grow others is a must
- Working tested and maintainable application software
- All documentation as specified in the IDI Software Development Guidelines, including but not limited to Requirements Definition, Design Document, Acceptance Test Plan, Test Report and User Guides etc.;s
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 20th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.