KCB Bank Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher IT Networks & Infrastructure Administrator
Job Title: IT Networks & Infrastructure Administrator – KCB Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: KCB Bank Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
KCB Bank Uganda Profile:
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa’s largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda’s top ten commercial banks. Currently KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers.
The Jobholder is charged with managing, planning, designing, implementation, monitoring and maintenance for the Bank’s Local and Wide Area Networks with the aim of ensuring efficient and effective operational performance, data security, capacity, and network availability. Also responsible for managing Network connectivity IT Projects requirements and Policy Management, Technical Support and Administration, to support all branches and Head Office staff.
Provides expert support to all Enterprise infrastructures spanning databases, Operating Systems, Servers and all IT hardware.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Network devices configurations control and management.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Responsible for Network Systems High Availability & Disaster recovery readiness.
- Bank IT Data Networks Security by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Networks Capacity planning, optimization, and management.
- Bank IT Networks uptime monitoring and performance assurance for the Branch and Head Office Network.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Leading Network Systems Incident, problem & requests management.
- Carry out preventive and reactive maintenance on all network and communication equipment.
- · Responsible and accountable for all Data center network and Infrastructure elements and maintenance
- Conduct active penetration tests and discover vulnerabilities in the network to prevent external intrusion into the KCB Bank network.
- Ensure Networks High Availability and Continuity/DR setup.
- Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on network availability.
- Investigate and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
- Ensure Business Applications High Availability and Continuity/DR setup
- Deployment of new Infrastructure Technologies
- Implement effective infrastructure technology maintenance routines
- Ensure security of data in Storage, transition and processing
- Support the day-to-day operations of the bank users and customers
- Infrastructure Capacity Planning and management
- Ensure high Availability for all Infrastructure Services
- Provide up cutting edge infrastructure Services
- Develop quality, reliable, sustainable and resilient infrastructure
- Secure Infrastructure deployments.
- Oversee and manage the health of both the Bank’s Primary & Secondary Datacentres.
- Deploy new /rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings etc. in accordance with standards and operational requirement.
- Monitor and verify LAN and WAN branch connectivity and report downtime
- Identify network utilization patterns
- Install and maintain the IT infrastructure
- Provide technical support to branch and head office staff
- Monitor ATM connectivity and operative errors
- Maintain an update IT Asset inventory
This role operates in a very dynamic technological environment requiring the job holder to continuously keep abreast with business environment, user requirements, emerging technologies and the ever-changing business processes and needs.
This presents the job holder with the challenge of managing concerns from these constant changes in such a way as to effectively deliver the desired improvements that would maintain the relevance and efficiency of IT services.
Minimum Qualifications for KCB Bank Uganda Jobs 2022:
Academic & Professional:
- Bachelors Degree – Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science, IT
- Professional Qualifications – CISCO certification in networking (CCNA, others), Certification or knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Oracle Systems, Virtual Server technologies (e.g. VMWARE)
- Master’s Degree – Any computer related, Project Management
Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 years’ technical experience supporting Enterprise Networks & Infrastructure systems in medium to large organizations.
- 2 of those working experience in a busy WAN /LAN environment, which experience must include configuring switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Experience with multiple storage and backup subsystems.
- Experience with virtual infrastructures e.g. VMWARE, Hyper-V, etc.
- Broad knowledge of ICT infrastructure, Networks Management and Control Techniques
- An understanding of operating systems, data communications, networking, Databases, hardware (PC/Hardware), system applications, and various technologies and systems and their integration with Computer Systems
- Working experience with Internet technologies, IP technologies, Network devices and equipment (e.g. Routers, switches, hubs, and firewalls)
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve network/ hardware problems, install and operate network-monitoring tools and maintain network documentation.
- Ability to understand and/or operate multiple infrastructure technologies e.g. CISCO, Linux, UNIX, Oracle, VMWARE, etc
- Significant experience in deploying, tuning and supporting databases (preferably Oracle, postgresssql and/or Microsoft SQL)Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence; speak clearly to third parties and employees.
- Able and willing to solve complex analytical challenges, independently analyze information; and make recommendations based on analysis.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out assigned tasks maintain a positive attitude under stress conditions.
- Disposition to share knowledge fully and willingly with other employees in the interest of the organization.
- Team leadership experience
How To Apply for KCB Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 23rd February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.