PSFU Jobs 2022 – No Experience Work Readiness Program
Job Title: Work Readiness Program – PSFU Jobs 2022
Organization: Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU)
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) Profile:
Private sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) is Uganda’s umbrella body for the private sector made up of 230 Business Associations, Corporate bodies and the major Public Sector Agencies that support private sector growth. Since its founding in 1995, PSFU has served as a focal point for private sector advocacy as well as capacity building and continues to sustain a positive dialogue with Government on behalf of the private sector. PSFU is also Government’s implementation partner for several projects and programmes aimed at strengthening the private sector as an engine of economic growth in Uganda.
PSFU’s competitiveness agenda is driven by the urge to increase private investments and productivity. These two are supported by a robust business environment that attracts and protects investment capital. The business environment is better where there is: effective government, efficient markets, and strong human development. The Ugandan private sector appreciates the Government of Uganda is moving steadfast to establish such an environment and both local and Foreign Direct Investments have taken advantage of the stable business environment.
PSFU as the apex body has now expanded and scaled up its reach from merely providing business information, managing projects/grants, training and Business development support, to a diverse private sector think tank and innovation hub with a new stable platform for growth and sustainable development. This is being done in full collaboration with the government of Uganda and the UNDP. PSFU is a value-based and ethically driven entity premised on 10 sectors that drive Uganda’s economic growth.
The foundation is also the focal point for the East African Business Council and the COMESA Business council. Using this platform, PSFU has spearheaded the Trade Policy and Trade Development agenda on behalf of the Uganda business community, directly engaging with regional policy platforms.
The Work Readiness Program (WRP) is a program implemented by Enabel and the Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) to enhance employability and productivity of young graduates from universities and other institutions of higher learning. The WRP supports recent university graduates to acquire practical work experience and boost soft skills through attachments to jobs in the sectors of manufacturing including Agro-processing, Construction, Tourism and ICT. The program will help the graduates apply knowledge acquired in their course of study, while acquiring practical skills and competences required by employers, for increased employability.
- A citizen and a resident in Uganda
- Completed and graduated from a University with a transcript or evidence of processing one.
- Completed or graduated not more than 2 years from date of application
- Seeking work in the one of the targeted sectors (AgroProcessing, Construction, ICT, Manufacturing, Tourism & Hospitality
- Willing to commit to a 6-month work readiness programme
- No Charges will be paid for attending the interview or for joining, if selected.
- The shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an interview at a venue that will be communicated. Interview date and time will be informed in due course by e-mail.
- The award of a placement does not confer on the candidates any right for absorption in the host companies under any circumstances.
- Candidates will be required to produce original of all certificates/testimonials and any other relevant certificate, community certificate, if applicable, during the interview.
- Female graduates in male dominated trades in these sectors are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply for PSFU Jobs 2022
All interested candidates are invited to submit their online applications at the link below. addressed to;
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.