Job Title: Receptionist – IOM Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Organisation for Migration (IOM)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
International Organisation for Migration (IOM) Profile
Established in 1951, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy and are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Human Resource Officer and the direct supervision and guidance of the Senior Human Resource Assistant, the Receptionist will be responsible for providing receptionist and administrative support to the day-to-day operations of the Country Office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Greet visitors and provide a positive image of IOM and hospitality for visitors, meetings/conferences participants and suppliers.
- Maintain a visitor’s log and ensure they are provided with security access to the building and offices if required.
- Answer the telephone, screen, refers calls, and take messages, as appropriate, promptly, accurately, professionally and courteously.
- Receives, directs, and tracks all incoming/outgoing correspondence (emails, courier packages, faxes, etc.) adhering to established procedures in the mission.
- Maintain an updated compendium of documents for office wide use including but not limited to office holidays, staff phone extensions, and emergency contact numbers.
- Answer routine questions and provide a variety of information regarding bulletins, brochures, and other project-related materials.
- Provide logistical assistance to meetings, conferences, events, and workshops including invitations, travel/transport, hotel bookings, meeting materials and equipment.
- Provide front office support to different units as maybe required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for IOM Uganda Jobs 2022
- The Receptionist should have completed University Degree in Business Administration or related field with one year of relevant professional experience OR Completed a high school diploma with three years of relevant experience.
- Three years’ experience working at the front office.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Languages: Fluency in English and working knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage.
How To Apply for IOM Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Number and Position Title (CFA/UG/001/2022 – Receptionist) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
- Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Deadline: 11th April 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.