Job Title: Banking Officer (Data Capture) – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
DFCU Bank Profile:
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Reporting to the Team Leader- Account Services, the role holder will be responsible for accurate and timely capturing customer information in the systems as per the laid down procedures as a means to achieve data integrity.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Receive, verify, acknowledge all customer data (Instructions, Mandates, and signature cards) as per the guiding processes and procedures.
- Timely and accurately capture all customer information in the system within the agreed service level agreement; first time right principles.
- Carry out due diligence checks on the integrity of the mandates, signature cards and general customer instructions and report any exceptions in a timely manner.
- Check customer mandates, signature cards and instructions for KYC compliance to prevent Money Laundering/ Terrorist Finance. These checks should be in line with the bank policies / regulatory framework.
- Identification of error on customer mandates, signature cards and advise the stakeholders to make necessary corrections of the errors in a timely manner.
- Attend to queries that relate to data capture in a timely manner and provide an update to the stakeholders.
- Escalation through incidents of any process gaps that result into potential or actual operational losses to the Team Leader- Account Service and participate in the implementation of process improvements.
- Participate and contribute towards projects that are steered to improve data integrity e.g., data clean up.
- Generate and submit daily productivity reports to the unit Manager and highlight any exceptions.
- Prevent income leakages, fraud, and operational losses.
- University Bachelor’s degree
- Training in various areas of Operations: – i.e. KYC, CFT & AML Compliance.
- Atleast one year’s banking experience.
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
- Good understanding of Bank procedures, policies and regulatory AML/KYC requirements.
- The ability to engage with all the key stake holders in the organization.
- Attention to detail , excellent analytical skills, ability to demonstrate high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and communications skills.
- High level of intergrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to prioritse work.
- Basic analytical skills.
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), to the email address indicated below:
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
Closing Date: Tuesday 19th April 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.